A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to learn more about this car. It went to auction from there and is at a used dealer closer to me. Test drove it yesterday. Beautiful shape, 88k. It has been re-painted in the last year. Looks like it has an exhaust (Megan Racing), a Nismo CAI,stainless brake lines, and an Alpine CDA-9883 head unit. Had two owners, one for just 2 years and the rest with the other person. Would really like to get in contact to learn more about the car. Thx anyone for your help.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

·
39,045 Posts
I say thoroughly test the car and listen for everything.
Drive it hard and see if there is ANY smoke.

But you have to keep in mind that buying ANY used vehicle, especially one that is over 10 years old, is a risk, no matter how well the owner took care of it.

Haggle the hell out of the price.

·
39,045 Posts
This double post thing is getting worse....:ugh:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried on the price, didn't get very far. They're "no haggle" and are convinced their price is more than fair. Which I guess I can't really disagree. I did find some minor rust on the left rear door, so I got $500 off only because I found that. I think they honestly didn't know about it. Should cost me about $350 to fix. Other than that it's perfect. I'm picking it up Saturday. The only weird thing, I just noticed, according to Carfax, the VIN comes up a Limited rather than a Spec. But it has the Spec bumper...and a 6-speed, sooo...?
http://www.bestchoiceautosalesnj.com/2003-Nissan-Sentra/Used-Car/Sayreville-NJ/0/3297165/Details.aspx

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
hahaha it has a stock header, I would do a compression test on the motor to see how good the engine has been. Stock header on a sentra that is nearly 100k is a :nono:

·
39,045 Posts
Make sure that all the vins on the car matches.

If they do and it comes up as anything other than a spec-v, then you should be able to haggle the price down some more.

·
Registered
406 Posts
6 grand for that? hell id sell you my boosted 06 for that.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Lol yea, I spent only $500 more on my 04 with less than half the mileage of that and it also came with 3 sets of rims like 2.5-3 years ago.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Check the vin sticker on the drivers door jamb, the SE-R logo's are missing from the fenders & the Spec V is in the wrong spot & the 2003 never came with Spec V on the trunk - i think our model# is DDBALWY-EUA & the sticker should say QR25DE 2488 CC

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
After looking at the pics its a spec v. I'd get the dealer to get you that heat shield for the precat in the engine bay before you get it and a header after you buy it. Its there for a reason.

The emblems look janky, like some debadged the car but later on changed their mind and put all the emblems and 99 cent stickers in the wrong places.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I picked it up. I kinda hear you guys on the price. I paid 5k even for my SE...7 years ago, but with double the mileage. But I couldn't find any other 2003 Specs in as good condition for anywhere near that price. I insisted on an '03 because I don't like the '04+ and I HATE the red interior of the '02. I really wanted a blue one but oh well. The seats are perfect (no stains, driver's side bolster tear) and the paint is almost perfect. I have an SE with 271k that is a rust bomb but still runs like a top, with clean oil sample and good compression, with a fully bolted suspension. I wanted to pick up a nice SE-R body/interior wise and I found one!

Two new details to help find the previous owner:
1. Car has definitely been repainted in the last year. (explaining the fishy "Spec V" decals)
2. It has an Alpine CDA-9883 head unit. (2008 model year) Speakers are stock and the RF sub isn't working; for what reason I haven't investigated.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Added detail: She's got stainless brake lines! LOL

I updated the 1st post with all the details. Nobody knows this car? Would it help if I reposted in the NE forum? (If I may?)

Pulled the top of the intake off Sunday. All screws are accounted for! None were snug, but none were about to fall out either. Got them loctited and snugged up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts