A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Long crank before starting

13K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  WestCoastQG18DE 
#1 ·
My 1.8 has started cranking a while before starting. It has a new battery, fresh plugs, new fuel pump, air filter, and the MAF sensor is clean.
It only does this after sitting for a few hours. After that, it pops right off when I turn the key.
Any ideas?

#4 ·
My 1.8 has started cranking a while before starting. It has a new battery, fresh plugs, new fuel pump, air filter, and the MAF sensor is clean. You want to find best synthetic oil 5w20 for your car, you can visit AutoGuysLand to review it before you get it. It only does this after sitting for a few hours. After that, it pops right off when I turn the key.
Any ideas?
Try adding some fuel injector cleaner to gas tank. Also i think you try to check the wiring between the battery and starter can become loose which will prevent the starter motor from functioning.

#10 ·
My 1.8 has started cranking a while before starting. It has a new battery, fresh plugs, new fuel pump, air filter, and the MAF sensor is clean.
It only does this after sitting for a few hours. After that, it pops right off when I turn the key.
Any ideas?
It's a common issue in the fuel line losing pressure as the vehicle sits over time. I experience the same thing, just leave the key in the on position, after inserting it, for about two seconds prior to ignition. Should fire right up as normal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.