A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys first time posting here, so ive been working on replacing my lower ball joints and tie rods. tie rods fit perfect but the lower ball joints fit loosely on the control arm hole i didnt need the press to install. i know the base sentras used different ball joints so i made sure i got the right part k500338. im so frustrated rn im thinking of just installing them since the snap ring and bolt will hold them in place doesnt look like a way it could fall out.definitely not my brightest idea.so did i get the wrong part?i drive an 05 ser spec v.

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
Ball joints from oem replacement aftermarket are hit and miss from what I have heard, best bet is actual oem or the compete control arm to mitigate the issue and your best option is the compete arm.

Reactions: SilverB15

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
26 Posts
For factory spec'd equipment I'd go with a complete assembly when available. Rock auto has complete MOOG LCA's for 55 bucks per. Silver lining, you'll be replacing those 17 year old bushings while you're at it.

Or get yourself the the RCK & Bumpsteer kit + SuperPro LCA bushings from 2J Racing. Big improvements for steering feel and chassis control if you're lowered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts