A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i’m new here but i have a problem with my 2010 spec V that i just can’t figure out. So I’ve realized my car has a loss of power when the engine is warmed up. The engine doesn’t overheat or anything. It seems like everything is fine. But after driving the car for around 10-15 minutes after starting it up, the car starts to lose a bit of power, and the shifts are a bit less smooth. I can also hear a metallic ish sound coming from around the engine bay, once, right when i give some gas and another time when i hit 3000 rpms. I have no idea what could cause this and i’d really like to fix it since it’s a bit annoying.
Thanks in advance 🙏🏻

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Sounds clutch related initially, no codes to include any pending?

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
I'll have to double check but a hard pedal is not an indication of a bad clutch, might be more of an indicator of the hydraulic system or the fork/ throw out bearing.

What's the code?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll have to double check but a hard pedal is not an indication of a bad clutch, might be more of an indicator of the hydraulic system or the fork/ throw out bearing.

What's the code?
I don’t remember the code since i didn’t check myself.
And you’re right, but now that i think about it, how could the loss of power be affected by the clutch if the clutch is only being used while changing gears…?

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
Loss of friction materiel, revs might go up but not going any where but that's noticeable... regardless you may have a loss of power related to the code, search "pedal dance" or how to pull a code with out a scanner. It might be a knock sensor issue but we won't know anything until we know the code you are throwing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loss of friction materiel, revs might go up but not going any where but that's noticeable... regardless you may have a loss of power related to the code, search "pedal dance" or how to pull a code with out a scanner. It might be a knock sensor issue but we won't know anything until we know the code you are throwing.
Okay well unfortunately i’m in vacation right now but as soon as i get back home i’ll go get a full inspection of my car at the garage and then if they don’t find my problem i’ll continue de troubleshooting.
But still thanks a lot!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I just had this issue recently with mine. My throttle body needed replacement. HITACHI ETB0004 {16119JA00A} from rock auto. I also changed the pedal (remember it's electronic) had to get that from dealer not expensive. It is tight down there if your a big guy but still doable.

·
Administrator
7,093 Posts
I just had this issue recently with mine. My throttle body needed replacement. HITACHI ETB0004 {16119JA00A} from rock auto. I also changed the pedal (remember it's electronic) had to get that from dealer not expensive. It is tight down there if your a big guy but still doable.
There was no need to change the pedal so I hope you didn't throw it away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts