A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
I checked the field service manuals, specifically, Front Suspension and Front Axle and couldn't find the torque specs.
they are listed in a different section, but in all seriousness, no one uses the torque specs. Tighten it til its tight and check it after a day of driving to be sure.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
they are listed in a different section, but in all seriousness, no one uses the torque specs. Tighten it til its tight and check it after a day of driving to be sure.
can you tell me what section they are in? I try to use the torque specs when available, thank you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if u have the service repair manual, look in FSU(front suspension) under transverse link and lower ball joint

·
Registered
5,331 Posts
Tightly snug is good for control arms. You dont have to take these torque specs too seriously. But, the one thing you need to do is have the car on the ground when you tighten the bolt that goes horizontal to the subframe. I usually put the bolt in a few threads then lower and tighten when on the ground. Or you can use a floor jack to get the control arm up. Doesnt have to be real too perfect.

Same for axle nut. If its by hand just snugly tighten it a long 1/2" ratchet or breaker bar. The spec is probly 120-150lb/ft ??

21 - 25 of 25 Posts