A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
That's what happens when you stiffen up bushings and don't reinforce the metal. The energy has to go somewhere.

Local guy I know who had a vq swapped specv has this happen to him. On the highway. Damn near totaled the car. This was 6-7 years ago.

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Still, never seen that in a Sentra or any other aftermarket LCA

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There’s a few failures that have been posted on the sentra Facebook groups. Surprised you bought these control arms on an A to B car.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Happens on oem nissan control arms. Its been a massive issue in the juke and b17 sentra world. Thats actually why i started making my own boxed control arms.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Never seen this on a B15U. But, I know b15newyork told me a looong time ago these are just chinese junk and had proof of it.

But, seems a control arm should last years with little abuse. Definitely replace the other one.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
usually you would be right, but when you get rid of the cushion from impact by stiffening up the bushings A LOT, the metal is bound to snap.

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Either sub par control arm, weak location and some other stuff that has been said.

Was running nismo control arms for years and they still look good with no signs of deformation and that was a harder bushing set up from stock.

Current control arms are oem from a junk yard that i inserted super pro bushings in.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Either sub par control arm, weak location and some other stuff that has been said.

Was running nismo control arms for years and they still look good with no signs of deformation and that was a harder bushing set up from stock.

Current control arms are oem from a junk yard that i inserted super pro bushings in.
Nismo made control arms for teh specv??

·
Registered
251 Posts
Happens on oem nissan control arms. Its been a massive issue in the juke and b17 sentra world. Thats actually why i started making my own boxed control arms.
Any for the b15?

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Nismo made control arms for teh specv??
Control arms with bushings installed already and a rear trailing bushing Inserts, was a kit, thing i saw the old documents for it the other weekend.

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
205 Posts
Arent all b15 control arms the same?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
What brand you buy can change what quality of steel/bushing/ball-joints you get. Moog is my usually go-to for aftermarket replacement parts. I use them for the base of my boxed arms I make. But if you go on rockauto and find control arms for like $30, They use the CHEAPEST materials they can to make them. Cheap materials means less a quality of part.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts