A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
I almost always assume they are core parts, but that would probably not be good in wither case. Too bad we don't have access to a machine shop than could potentially make some billet pieces....

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
What brand you buy can change what quality of steel/bushing/ball-joints you get. Moog is my usually go-to for aftermarket replacement parts. I use them for the base of my boxed arms I make. But if you go on rockauto and find control arms for like $30, They use the CHEAPEST materials they can to make them. Cheap materials means less a quality of part.
Definitely, Ijs, for @Tritton that they made nismo control arms for 01 Sentras. So, they should fit other b15's.

I have a set on my 01 SE. Just replaced the ball joints once, with moog, and they are holding up great.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
205 Posts
I almost always assume they are core parts, but that would probably not be good in wither case. Too bad we don't have access to a machine shop than could potentially make some billet pieces....
Someone i know who owns a shop did just buy a cnc mill...lol BDSO would never pay the money for them XD

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Yours split, or you have 1j control arms with moog bushings?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Luckily no. I have Moog arms with superpro bushings. I had them pressed in a while ago. I didn't buy either from 2j. The bushings were cheaper elsewhere.

·
Registered
971 Posts
There are 5 cncs in my place of business. I can't justify it cause of bdso's. Lol

I've been trying to do a billet shifter, but can't justify making a few.

I think this year I'll get a knock off ktuned, and reverse engineer one.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
There are 5 cncs in my place of business. I can't justify it cause of bdso's. Lol

I've seen some demand for the b16 billet shifters on Facebook groups as those tend to break with miles and no one currently offers a replacement.

·
Registered
205 Posts

sir. You and I need to have a conversation. immediately lol

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Im replacing the other side this weekend . Anyone want a used 2jr control arm that isnt broken?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I know I was asked already about making control arms and I said no. But I am about to order another batch of moog arms for the juke/b17-sentra and the versa to make more boxed ones. I can get a few b15 sets to make if you guys want.

I would do the same price as the juke/b17 arms with the three "color" options. I hand trace and cut the steel. (my plasma table gets set up in a week or two so I dont have to do this anymore lol) Then they get mig welded on. Then ground down. Then mig welded hotter to make sure the steel really penetrates. Then ground down again. Takes me about two hours to make each one. I don't tig weld them because it would be a pain in the ass tbh. The steel is usually really dirty (from the paint process moog uses) and I don't feel like going through a whole length of tungsten on each one haha

Basically, order a set of the juke/b17 ones on the site, but then email me your order number saying you want b15 ones. Give me about a week to make them up. Ill hold off on ordering the arms for a week too to give people a chance to get in on it. boxed arms

I need to update the photos on my website for the boxed control arms, I still have the prototype photos up, but here is one of them installed on a b17 that I put together a few days ago for a local customer, ignore the bending near the ball joint, these had powerflex bushings in them, so a big ass pry bar had to be used to get the ball joint in lol:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Lock this shit up. I have resolved this.
Anyone want my old control arm bushings they are the super pro. I am in L.A make offer u pick up

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Idiots....this isn't the FS or WTB section....why dafuk this needs to be locked....???

Reactions: Tritton and FRe

·
Super Moderator
6,206 Posts
Lol.. hey,I just want to be nostalgic. Now lock the fucking thread. :)
I'll lock your account for a couple of days of you don't act right.....ha ha ha ha

Reactions: Tritton
21 - 40 of 44 Posts