A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
great effort here, and thanks for putting this together, here's some thoughts:

3. tb bypass - while this is a good mod in getting colder air, it should be noted the tb is heated for a reason, so the ppl in cold climates dont get their tb frozen open.
4. & 5. mmi & wha - the prothane are only a few dollars more, i know some ppl swear the solid mounts are better. but either way, i think this should be paired with the $5 wha since it will be done at the same time.
6. bs chain cut - there's a writeup somewhere for travis' free bsr, im guessing itll also be a couple dollars more.

also, as you said somewhere a $20 sri would be a nice add to the list, or the $8 maf adapter instead. i do like the foglight mod myself, but there's also the disable auto a/c mod that is easy to do.
Thanks for the feedback. I will add the sri.

What about the skateboard bearing shifter mod. Less than 5 dollars and works awesome for 02-03 and some '04s.
Do a write-up on it and I'll add the link. I dont know anything about it other than what you've told me.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I will add the sri.

Do a write-up on it and I'll add the link. I dont know anything about it other than what you've told me.
I will try and do a write up next week, I have finals this week. Basically you just replace the transmission shifter bushing with skateboard bearings on 02- early 04s. It will take most of the slop out of your shifter similar to the brass bushings, but at a fraction of the price. After march or april of 04, nissan switched to a bigger bushing i believe

·
Registered
3,499 Posts
I will try and do a write up next week, I have finals this week. Basically you just replace the transmission shifter bushing with skateboard bearings on 02- early 04s. It will take most of the slop out of your shifter similar to the brass bushings, but at a fraction of the price. After march or april of 04, nissan switched to a bigger bushing i believe
I know John, SpecialSause, did these for a while, but he had to machine them to fit I thought.

·
Registered
407 Posts
So gutting the stock header will keep it from tearing apart the pre-cat and blowing up the motor?? If so does anybody have a good article on how to gut the stock header?

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This video explains the benefits of a cat (not coincidentally it appears it's exactly like the spec v cat) but doesn't mention that it's really harmful that the cat is so close to the exhaust ports of the block.

Anyway, that cross section of the cat shows the honeycomb material that needs to be busted out. A long screwdriver, a pole, rod... anything you can come up with to jab in there and break that stuff up. YOU MUST GET IT ALL OUT! If you don't, you just helped your cat destroy your engine. If you remove your cat and see it's already busted up, then it might be too late for your engine. Remember your engine can suck that shit back in when you take your foot off the gas to shift or to stop.

http://youtu.be/GkRXhfgZelI

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
It needs a big overhaul with cheap cosmetic tips included.
That it does, so someone should update it with maybe some more mods and cosmetic tips ;)

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
**Big edit to the list(s)

Ok I just spent an hour hunting down numerous how-to's for the cosmetic list. I hope this will help everyone out that requested the various mods. EVERYTHING on any list should total no more than $100. In fact, 90% of the first two list have mods that are under $10!! Awesome.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't know what I can contribute to this...

Cosmetic -

Shorty Billet antenna - $8-$20
Shift Knob - $15-$60 also shortens height 1cm(shaft needs to be wrapped in duct/electrical tape to stay tight)
Heatshield next to oil pan- $20
License plate LED's - $10-20
Dash paint, guage bezel paint $10
Custom Reservoir Covers - $20 (I.e. Hks, spoon, greddy style)

Are ground wires or voltage stabilizers on the list?
Catch cans and breathers are pretty cheap especially the water seperator one or diesel fuel filter...

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There is a lot of items that aren't on the list like ground wires and such. The reason being is that although they certainly serve a purpose, they're not really must have parts like a header. Same with the cosmetic stuff. Shift knobs are a good interior upgrade but I mostly listed DIY mods or fixes for problems like squeaky clutches. I really like the shorty antenna and reservior covers suggestion though. I'll look into that.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
The jdm reservoir covers aint nothing but wristbands, when I paid 35$ for hks ones I was pissed.
Custom Wristbands - Custom Sweatbands - Memorial Bands. Upload a B15u logo, that would be an awesome cheap groupbuy lol mine say 2.5 Spec-v, lemme wash'em and I'll take pics lol

Would u consider the Hondata gasket "must" have? That's $50
Yea that would be a cool ass group buy. You should start one. As far as the IM gasket I would have to say no it's not a must have. I don't even know anyone with it actually. Not saying it doesn't work or that no one has it, I just really don't see much of it in the community.

·
Registered
172 Posts
i really like this thread because it really helps me out as a newbie lol i know it says "for cheap" on the thread but where could i find a straight pipe for my 1.8 b15??

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
A muffler shop could make one for you. Get them to measure the length and then cut off the flanges from your existing pipe, and weld them to the straight pipe.

·
Registered
172 Posts
oh ok.i thought they were already made like the down pipes and such so i was looking for them online. u wouldnt happen to know how much that might cost do you??

·
Registered
172 Posts
really that's not bad at all. how does that look like cus Ive never heard of a "side-turn down exhaust"post pics please
;)

21 - 40 of 62 Posts