A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
really that's not bad at all. how does that look like cus Ive never heard of a "side-turn down exhaust"post pics please
;)
I'll get a picture up later, i don't know what the proper term would be, but basically the exhaust is routed to come out the side but instead of just shooting out the side it has a turn down piece so it dumps strait down to the ground and is basically invisible unless your looking for it..

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll get a picture up later, i don't know what the proper term would be, but basically the exhaust is routed to come out the side but instead of just shooting out the side it has a turn down piece so it dumps strait down to the ground and is basically invisible unless your looking for it..
ok sounds good and thats kool

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

·
Registered
449 Posts
holy flatheads, is that a cherry bomb. lol
[the muffler of choice in the 50-60s, the original "glasspac"]
that good "ole time" sound
your eye's do not deceive you batman, one of my ratrod friends recommended it. With my employee discount it was dirt cheap, and I like the way it sounds to boot :cool2:

·
Registered
95 Posts
your eye's do not deceive you batman, one of my ratrod friends recommended it. With my employee discount it was dirt cheap, and I like the way it sounds to boot :cool2:
-Sigh...

You must be def.

·
Registered
95 Posts
imo
cherry bombs are very cool[60's] thats why they are still here lol
done right, they are cheap and sound great
done wrong [too short or wrong pipe size] it's solid rasp
Lol, just being a dick. Sorry. I prefer a low, deep rumble. Hard to find with a 4 cyl, but to each our own. Be easy bro.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
understand

i'm going from a hot cammed v6 growl to a short tube [stillen] headerd, rasp

later, [i get the car this week i hope] i'l post up the sound changes thru the same obx cat back of the vq with c8 cams vs the qr with c1 cams
you won't believe it

i have had honda and kawasaki 4s with 4 into 1 pipes that just sing such sweet songs.
why can't we get our sweet qr to sound as good as it runs

maybe it really needs duals to sound deep and throaty

this is what the obx w/ vq sounded like
for me the sound was sheer pleasure
lol it was one of the best parts of the swap
it sounded like a "real" car

,m
edit
turned out better than i thought
but had to add a side exhaust
ignore crunch, fixed later

·
Registered
449 Posts
i lucked out and the setup is perfect for me anyways, no rasp what so ever. It is loud I suppose, especially on the highway, but you only hear it when your foots on the pedal the second it comes off its as quite as it was stock. It's quieter than the exhaust on my friends eclipse and 90% of the civics rolling around these parts haha

·
Registered
195 Posts
Okay so I'm trying to raise my hood like they did on the poor man mods video but I can not find coupler nuts that are metric. Any ideas?

·
Registered
21 Posts
when u put the spacers in, it raises your hood lets warm air out. but wouldn't it damage something if say your washing your car and water gets in there? or your driving and it starts raining? I guess you could say im asking about water damage.

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
some are gapped out and that may be a possibility

on mine, you can barely see a gap
understand the back of the hood and firewall have had the rubber strips removed

so air mostly flows out the empty back of the hood

mine is designed to deal with heat in the staging lanes between runs
so the hood is slightly raised up front too
lets heat out everywhere

once underway,the larger rear area takes precedence due to air pressure
from under the car at speed