A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking into shiftronic system for my Automatic turbo, would help out alot into controlling the tranny WITHOUT placing a manual...I drive alot in city and prefer automatic, after driving a KIA Optima (which has shiftronic) its fun and easy for driving :)
I DO have a 03 6spd, but I want to try this...the Maxima has the same tranny as our automatics, even the 06 which holds the VQ35 motor. Tranny code RE4F04B, the maxima automatics (04+) some have Shiftronic installed from the factory...SO I was planning to acquire the maxima shifter assembly and fit it somehow, and then retune via UpRev my TCM to control the up and downshifts...Its more that the shifter assembly can be used..I know I can have upRev Customize my TCM to accept the shiftronic atyle, since the transmission CAN be made as shiftronic in the first place :) . I know there may be skeptics out there....I was the first to use a Holset turbo setup, I like pioneering just like others :) One of a kind!

·
39,045 Posts
Find out if the trans can be used with the QR. After that it's all about modding to make everything fit.

Good luck man and keep us posted.

·
6,560 Posts
So Osiris can do TCM's too? Hmmm insteresting. I don't have one but sub'd anyway.

Just did a quick google on uprev/tcm and found this:

5AT Uprev, change RPM shift point? - G35Driver

Jared said:
Unfortunately no, we do not have a way to modify the AT computer which controls the shift points. It's a TOTALLY different computer inside the valve body. There aren't any plans in the works to add support for the AT computer anytime soon.

Sorry,

Jared
Then again, they're just talking about shift points on a different tranny too. Might want to email/pm Uprev to see if it's even possible to have something like that. Does the QR Altima have the shiftronic?

EDIT: I just checked the 04 Max FSM and found that only the RE5F22A has the shiftronic. The RE4F04B doesn't. Either way, give it a shot if you have the resources and more power to you.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So Osiris can do TCM's too? Hmmm insteresting. I don't have one but sub'd anyway.

That's odd, they used Uprev to tune my TCM, like the full line is 0% when at WOT, half throttle, etc. It shifts now all the way to 6700 rpm....Shift points maybe not? I know you would need probably a trans rebuild kit from Transgo? to change that

Then again, they're just talking about shift points on a different tranny too. Might want to email/pm Uprev to see if it's even possible to have something like that. Does the QR Altima have the shiftronic?

EDIT: I just checked the 04 Max FSM and found that only the RE5F22A has the shiftronic. The RE4F04B doesn't. Either way, give it a shot if you have the resources and more power to you.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

That's odd, they used Uprev to tune my TCM, like the full line is 0% when at WOT, half throttle, etc. It shifts now all the way to 6700 rpm....Shift points maybe not? I know you would need probably a trans rebuild kit from Transgo? to change that

The Altima tranny is the same, I didn't see any with shift tronic. The Maxima 4speed is the same as ours...the 5 speed A/T (different tranny) has the shiftronic. I've read too many issues with the 5SPD AT itself from online maxi owners where just directly swapping a 5 SPD AT to our QR would be worth it? I was just thinking that...

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

You're right about the 4AT & 5AT, I just found that out during lunch....I'm trying to use just the shifter assembly so it would have a signal going to the TCM to tell it what gear to go in, that's the main goal...other way would be swap a RE5F22A in with our QR25..but likw I told Molten, I've read too many issues with the Maxi 5SPD A/T's where it does not seem worth it...unless its built! :D

All it is in the end is the ability to move the shifter from P to 1 like normal, and having it move to the side to tell the TCM what gears to be in :) we shall see!

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would not think the bell housing would be off too much, if anything. The TCM May be required...this is of course if one swaps for the 5AT auto tranny that has the shiftronic...I'm planning to keep the 4spd and add the shiftronic assembly to the car show how

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If these guys can do it, so can I! They have a 1G DSM, using shiftronic assembly from a Tiburon and a handle from a 89 Corolla!? Takes fabricating and tedious work it looks like :)
HighPSi's Shiftronic - DSM Forums

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Suscribed....Good luck & go for it! Keep us posted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts