A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Newbie here. I'm trying to find out what the biggest size box that will fit in the trunk of my b15.

The box that I have planned is 35" wide, 26" deep and 16" tall.

Does anyone have any advice as to whether or will fit please?

Thank you,

Lewis King

· Registered
249 Posts
Automotive tire Wheel Audio equipment Rim Camera accessory

Automotive tire Asphalt Grey Hood Automotive lighting

Bottle Drink Gas Automotive tire Shelf

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Audio equipment Cameras & optics

Flash photography Font Art Gas Tints and shades

Audio equipment Automotive tire Camera accessory Gadget Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Audio equipment Gas Cookware and bakeware Rim

Automotive tire Audio equipment Gas Rim Auto part

Good day to you and best, audio is my favourite thing <3 I will not provide maximum but I will provide a decent fitment here for all around use.

viewing from rear of boot 38.00” left to right, 13.00” in total height, and now depth is your adjustment variable and based on your cubic foot internal allotment you may adjust this at your discretion.

i run 🏃‍♂️ two 12” drivers vented cabinet single vent in between both drivers woofer cones and drivers all face towards front of 🚗 vehicle 🚗 shown is a B15U cabinet for a 2002 Terminator reside in Maryland hit me back I need to give away some freebies 🚗

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 175741
View attachment 175748
View attachment 175744
View attachment 175742
View attachment 175745
View attachment 175743
View attachment 175747
View attachment 175746
Good day to you and best, audio is my favourite thing <3 I will not provide maximum but I will provide a decent fitment here for all around use.

viewing from rear of boot 38.00” left to right, 13.00” in total height, and now depth is your adjustment variable and based on your cubic foot internal allotment you may adjust this at your discretion.

i run 🏃‍♂️ two 12” drivers vented cabinet single vent in between both drivers woofer cones and drivers all face towards front of 🚗 vehicle 🚗 shown is a B15U cabinet for a 2002 Terminator reside in Maryland hit me back I need to give away some freebies 🚗
13 is the max height box that will slide into the trunk?

· Registered
249 Posts
I recommended 38.00” on the width due to some allowance for slight pivot and as for your depth from rear of boot towards cabin 19.00” max cabinet should be moved towards rear of back seat.

drivers and vent should fire towards rear of back seat for best SQ and SPL. Upwards firing drivers will rattle bootlid crazy and rear deck interior panel, drivers and vent firing towards back of car inner bootlid will do the same and sent the plate tag into Hyper Vibrate mode.

i have been into audio since the early 90’s and tried tons of mess with B15U might send you some of my photos later and tweeter conversions and stuff brb…

· Registered
249 Posts
Good day to you Sir and best always,

38.00” is the maximum recommended width between the two inner walls of the boot once the cabinet is moved forwards up to the rearmost portion of the back seat.

14.00” is the maximum recommended cabinet height from boot lower panel to the underside of the rear deck for 2000-06 B15U chassis with out Rockford Fosgate factory amplifier.

13.00” is the maximum recommended cabinet height from boot lower panel to the underside of the rear deck for 2000-06 B15U chassis with Rockford Fosgate factory amplifier.

Depth maximum should not exceed 19.00” and these are outer parameters, please what are you seeking to have built? What driver or pair of drivers are you seeking to use?

Do you have and some information to add assuming a double wall of 1.50” and subsequent walls to be 0.75” please respond when free and best always.

· Registered
249 Posts
How many subs, what size subs, how much wattage, what gauge wiring, who is making your alternator, let’s talk…?

Do you reside in Maryland near to WDC I have things to give away
Automotive tire Wood Gas Nickel Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood

Camera lens Cameras & optics Digital camera Gas Lens

Hand Finger Wood Thumb Nail

Eyewear Wood Tints and shades Table Flooring

Hand Product Finger Material property Automotive lighting

Camera lens Camera accessory Camera Cameras & optics Reflex camera

Camera lens Reflex camera Digital camera Point-and-shoot camera Camera

Custom tweeter conversion shown in OEM location super stealth powered by OEM wiring super clean

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good day to you Sir and best always,

38.00” is the maximum recommended width between the two inner walls of the boot once the cabinet is moved forwards up to the rearmost portion of the back seat.

14.00” is the maximum recommended cabinet height from boot lower panel to the underside of the rear deck for 2000-06 B15U chassis with out Rockford Fosgate factory amplifier.

13.00” is the maximum recommended cabinet height from boot lower panel to the underside of the rear deck for 2000-06 B15U chassis with Rockford Fosgate factory amplifier.

Depth maximum should not exceed 19.00” and these are outer parameters, please what are you seeking to have built? What driver or pair of drivers are you seeking to use?

Do you have and some information to add assuming a double wall of 1.50” and subsequent walls to be 0.75” please respond when free and best always.
I'm building a subwoofer box that needs 5' cube net. The subs take up .56 total airspace. 4 DC l audio level 1 12s.

Font Screenshot Darkness Terrestrial plant Circle

Based on your specs I calculated the above

These are my specs for the box:

Font Screenshot Electronic device Terrestrial plant Darkness

I measured the bottom of the trunk opening at 35"
I measured the height between the bottom of the trunk opening and the top of the trunk opening at 17.5"
I measured the length from the rear of the trunk to the front at 29"

I'm pretty sure it should fit based on that but I wanted to make absolutely sure.

· Registered
249 Posts
Foremost this is a nice calculator you have sure wish we had these in the early 90’s we had to do it all on our own with minimal specs from driver manufacturers lol…

However for starters the max depth should not exceed 19.00” this cabinet has to fit into the boot sideways insertion then a pivot. Your boot opening is not perfectly squared more rather boot lamps cause inward contours which due to this are reasons why the cabinet cannot exceed 19.00” depth. I salute these calculators I know a colleague with a high level of mathematical acumen however real time battlefield is what I am giving you not a program. I have in my day four B15U each with booking systems DVD lights the whole 9 + sink I know what will go I know what won’t.

four of any type of 12” driver will not fit, you will have to make due with one not more than two and be this good.A height of 15.00” will be practically too tight on top and if it fits you may be contacting your rear deck speakers magnets if you have Rockford Fosgate OEM amp you’ll likely be hitting the amp.

But four 12’s in a vented cabinet negative, unless they are like Pioneer or Alpine but Sundown DS18 DC Audio and some others are too hungry for space cf^3 so it will not work.

Question again please what amplifier are you planning to run it’s current draw is important what company is rebuilding your alternator THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT I am using JS Alternators in all of my B15U motourchassis what charging system upgrades do you have XS Power DS-18 Down4Sound aux battery

Assuking you have a 1.8, 2.0, 2.5 the biggest alternator build for you will be 425a which is not enough to feed a DCA 3.5k or a Sundown SALT-4 amplifier unless you are running batteries and you WILL HAVE TO charge them weekly

I’m not your enemy but again I been in this game car stereo nearly 30 years worked at Circuit City, been MECP certified before these certification do expire, certificate program TEST Electronics low voltage 120/220 electrical theory, competed in many IASCA events back in my day I’ve talked the talk and walked the walk kindly state not boasting I am not going to stop you from building your cabinet I just want you to know and trust I’ve tried more box sizes single and double drivers and this I give to you will fit!

i even tried double 15” subs EXO rebuilt two for me matter of a fact EXO did the two 12” shown here but that dual 15 box was at the point where you get where if you push it one more time and finally pop it in… YOULL NEVER GET IT BACK OUT!!!!

Too many laughs that day =)

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I figured out the correct dimensions that will work.

1. I don't have a fosgate amp in there and I replaced the rears with Hertz Dieci 6.5 coaxials.

2. I measured the distance from trunk bottom to bracings and it's 19"

3. You're right 15" won't fit but the following will:

Font Screenshot Electronic device Darkness Terrestrial plant

The way you do it is to measure front of trunk to back, which is 30". Leave that measuring tape there.

Automotive tire Tire Sleeve Asphalt Road surface

Then opening at front of trunk which is 35"

Then measure from front of trunk to the top of the trunk lip.

Watch Automotive tire Road surface Asphalt Bumper

Take a second measuring tape, find the number for the depth of the box on the first measuring tape, then measure from there to the top of the tape measure. Subtract that from the trunk height.

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bumper

MyThat number will be the maximum height that will slide into the trunk at the angle of entry that the first measuring tape is at.

I thought about it and figured out the math. It's triangle geometry.

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I figured out the answer by making a mockup out of cardboard. The max is 35" X 28" X 13.75". That will slide in perfectly with about 1/8 inch to spare at the top.

Keep in mind that the 13.75" includes the height of the subs so make sure to deduct that from your calculations unless you're recessing into a double baffle.

· Registered
249 Posts
Best to you always fellow B15U Brother in Arms,

my deepest apologies I am late I have had a heavy caseload opening portion of this year however…. I do see your mock up here and salutes to you and you future goals I am eager to see (wish I could hear) but see how all turns out.

I am presently building a setup with two DS-18 drivers 12” size and IIRC my outer perimeters were 38.00” wide 14.00” high lastly 19.00” depth and again these are outer the there was a trick to the front double baffle and a slight vent extension with an added slot to provide the port area required to make the profile tuning read a particular hertz but realtime hertz could differ and after driver break in ALSO peak frequency hz could two months down either up or down but the Oscilloscope will remedy this no sweat.

Presently my hands are full with the car, I’ve a slew of mods I’d like to install as well strip clean sand re-clean and coat the inner metal of the boot THEN I can start to finish this cabinet.

purchased a DC-Audio 3.5k but reconsidered it’s use due to alternator build is only 425-a dually noted I do not want to tax my charging system more than 60% of its output and so a modest Alpine MRP-M2000 or Alpine MRX-M240 will be used to drive the pair at a 2ohm load.

i am running a MRX-M240 in my 2002 and JS-Alternators setup with Audio Control Epicenter also have an Epicenter in my 2005

Trust me if Icould get a GM case in there and get a good 500-a alternator sure the DC-Audio 3.5k goeslive keep us in the loop please Sir I have my single sim on bottom but plans to change this out and powder coated alternator barely visible, HA!!!
Automotive side marker light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive parking light

Vehicle Car Automotive design Steering wheel Motor vehicle

Car Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

1 - 14 of 14 Posts