A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
darsondriss, maybe you can give me some info that im trying to gather. I got a ms2 v2.2 with gurov's extra software from someone, but I am not familiar on what the 'gsquirt' does or how to wire it. It seems to be that gurov isnt readily accessible so Im doing some guess work. Can you give me a hand?

·
Registered
545 Posts
darsondriss, maybe you can give me some info that im trying to gather. I got a ms2 v2.2 with gurov's extra software from someone, but I am not familiar on what the 'gsquirt' does or how to wire it. It seems to be that gurov isnt readily accessible so Im doing some guess work. Can you give me a hand?
software on that box is very much old. and it's a 2.2 rev board, and it's an ms2. while that will run qr25de on the stock sensors, there would have to be an optoisolator added to pick up the cam signal.

"gsquirt" is simply a small printed circuit board i designed to have a few output channels and a few input channels for things like ignition outputs, fan relay, couple of digital inputs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
software on that box is very much old. and it's a 2.2 rev board, and it's an ms2. while that will run qr25de on the stock sensors, there would have to be an optoisolator added to pick up the cam signal.

"gsquirt" is simply a small printed circuit board i designed to have a few output channels and a few input channels for things like ignition outputs, fan relay, couple of digital inputs.
Do you still have the wiring diagram for the board ? Thanks

·
Registered
75 Posts
Can MS3 do anything with cam phasing? So If i'm just going to splice this into the cars harness then I can keep the Maf and electronic throttle body in the car and hooked up, it just doesn't use it?

Just trying to figure out if I should go with the o4 uprev stuff or go with MS3.
Hey guys someone can help with this question? I have the exact same question what should i do with the adjustable admission shaft? does it just stays put with no movement, after the mega is installed?

·
Registered
162 Posts
anything going on with this lately?
I'm loving the boost to speed, Switch from MAF to MAP & IAT

If I go this route I'd be going with all the options (4 bar map):woot:
is this setup for our standard high impedance injectors or can we switch to Low Imp Injectors?
I'd also want to go with a larger bore throttle body if possible.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I have a question. The newest megasquirt seems to do cam phasing. Does it?
the tech seems to be there. I don't know if this is what we do for our cars with up rev but well... Take a look its mostly Greek to me lol

Megasquirt-3 MS3 Variable valve timing (VVT / VANOS)
I just asked darson on this a couple weeks ago. MS3 should be able to control the phasing but he hasn't tried anything with it as of yet. I'll see what I can do when I get my install done and on the dyno this spring

Reactions: nukedog

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I just asked darson on this a couple weeks ago. MS3 should be able to control the phasing but he hasn't tried anything with it as of yet. I'll see what I can do when I get my install done and on the dyno this spring
Like :D

Someday I hope to get into this. I love how free their info is. I want to learn!!! Lol

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
Like :D

Someday I hope to get into this. I love how free their info is. I want to learn!!! Lol
It's not cheap! But then again, neither is Osiris!! :bigeyes:

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
I'm just curious if anyone has tried to run a a vq with ms3. I mean I'm sure someone has I'm just wondering if instead of upgrading the o3 harness and cluster to 04+ to communicate with an 04 maxima ecu if it wouldn't almost be easier to run the ms3? Would still probably need to rewire the cluster somehow hmmm...

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
ms3 will work I know that much. It replaces the ecu. That's as far as I got so far. I'm interested in using it someday and just for the record they have knowledgeable friendly staff and all of their info is on the net for free.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
It would work yes. But you would still need a factory ecu to run the cluster at the very least. Megasquirt can do just about anything if the research is done to figure it out

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
I did a search on this thread, i read the first post that says it will read our stock trigger wheels, but for what year QR? I plan on putting in a 07 with its trigger wheel, will there be an issue with reading that wheel as I see it is laid out differently.

·
Registered
545 Posts
the only difference here should be a few degrees of offset. the stock QR25DE crank/cam angle sensors/wheels are basically same/mirrored. in any case, you would be able to sync up to the wheels.

·
Registered
545 Posts
same question here i got the vq swap and wondering if ms3 would work??
i just checked latest code, and there's a VQ35DE selection for trigger pickup.

with ms3x, there are 4(four) cam angle pickups that could drive 4x VVT's (variable valve timings).

·
Registered
545 Posts
anything going on with this lately?
I'm loving the boost to speed, Switch from MAF to MAP & IAT

If I go this route I'd be going with all the options (4 bar map):woot:
is this setup for our standard high impedance injectors or can we switch to Low Imp Injectors?
I'd also want to go with a larger bore throttle body if possible.
just use high resistance (12 ohm) injectors. there are ones large enough to supply enough fuel, modified stock injectors do quite well.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts