A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My B15 is my first brand new car I've ever purchased. Purchased August 2001, salesman told me I should wait till the 2.5 SE-R came out in a couple months, but I needed a car NOW. So...little did I know then that I made one of the best decisions of my life.

Car was purchased as a 2.0 liter automatic. But, got into the boost game and turbo'd the car in 2005. Motor didn't have the best tune and top ringlands gave way and then the upgrades started.

All 4 cylinders looked about the same. So, asked some friends some suggestions and decided on a VE. But, still craved boost, so motor was swapped. That lasted a few weeks, then the auto transmission went. So, 5 speed swap, of course.

So, after the last 5 years, car sat for probably about 4 years. Here are the current pics:
Nismo RSB

Chassis Braces

Tarmaq LTB and new exhaust

JGY manifold with Tial 38mm wg

XM ITM with stock VE TB

WG Dump

Projectors

Haltech E6K is installed, just need to upgrade brakes, install nismo LCA's, and Moog inner/outer Tie Rods and get an alignment and car should just about be done.

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
welcome man.. damn sittin for 4 yrs :\

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
very nice ride. where did you get those front lip corners from?
They are the Stillen front lips

Hey Montreal1.8. I am selling a granite SE. It is still available. Shoot me email if interested.
Seriously? You should start your own thread.

I want this setup so bad!!!
A boosted ve is sic that white b13 in the b13 section is sic as shit!!!!
That B13 was nice...emphasis on the WAS...as that car was not tuned right and the engine is now toast and I believe the whole car was parted out.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
New south bend clutch came in the mail today. Pics later

Q45 Rotor redrilled (been sitting around for a couple years)

Couple vids while driving home (bored and wanted to see the sound quality of phone)

Audio only (got up to about 40mph)

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
your car doesnt sound too good in the videos man :\

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
that was the question, maybe thenoise was something else, but i heard a horrible knock/ screeching noise i thought

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Maybe suspension (bushings are bad, axle was on it's way out back then), or I re-shimmed the head for more clearance from valves to pistons so they tap more.

Oh, and the pulleys needed to be re-adjusted back then.

Car survived the trip to CT and back for the Nissan National Convention, so all is well.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts