A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after deciding to do the "Locktite Butterfly Screws"mod i found out that im missing 1 butterfly and 3 screws, so i have deciced to take the head apart and make sure that the screws are not in there, i got the butterfly out, it was the driver side and it found it way to the passenger side and got all bent anyways here is a few pics of the butterfly, ill take pics as i go along and keep you all posted, and for those that asked or think about asking about symptoms of the screw missing, THERE IS NONE, my car was running fine, no noise whatsoever so make sure you do this mod before is too late and have to do what im about to do :S tear the whole head apart.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LUCKY ME!!!!, There is no signs of damage and best of all no buterfly screws inside. now i have to put every thing back together, damn im glad that there was nothing inside i still cant figure out how. but oh well im not complaining. ill post pics as soon i get everything back together :D....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just make sure the gaskets are fine and make sure everything is torqued to the right amount. and good to hear.
Yes Sir!! im replacing all the gaskets even though they look alright but you never know, im also getting the torque tool tomorrow as well bet thats going to be a expensive lil toy :crazy: LOL
I also will have to get a new butterfly but i bet they dont sell them as 1 if they sell them :S

·
Registered
367 Posts
oh ya the torque wrench is like 100-200$ over here in canada depending on brand. but youll always need one around. but im glad nothing got f&^%ed up... you goin to get a new butterfly valve and screws from nissan??

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nissan really fucked us spec v owners with this nonsense lol in order to enjoy our cars we have to go thru with loctiting these screws and a header is not a performance upgrade but a safety measure

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^ x2 i wish my car was under warranty still im only at 78K miles but the car is 10yr old so no warranty but they did fuked up big time on this POS butterflies....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How long did it take for you to remove the head? to get to the butterflies?
to get to the butterflies you take off the intake manifold it took me about 30 mins if that, but to take the whole head off to find out that i didnt have any screws inside it took me about 2hrs.

·
Registered
708 Posts
That looks just like a Pringle Chip. I'm hungry! My car ate 1 screw and the butterly was cocked sidways and kept the secondaries open. I took all of them out now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks just like a Pringle Chip.
Funny, I was telling my wife the same thing lol. I am going to put them back in, i noticed that with one open im loosing a lot on 1 and 2 gear so imma get then new and put them back in...

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
to get to the butterflies you take off the intake manifold it took me about 30 mins if that, but to take the whole head off to find out that i didnt have any screws inside it took me about 2hrs.
that's why i warned you... there are ways to see if there's a screw in your cylinder without taking the head off.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that's why i warned you... there are ways to see if there's a screw in your cylinder without taking the head off.
LOL you should've said , "Hey Do this... that way you dont have to take it off" LOL instead of " are you gonna take the head off? have fun" LOL xD its a learning experience anyways :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts