Suspension
TDMi drag spec coilovers, 10k
UltraRacing solid strut bar
UltraRacing room bar
Nismo front sway bar w/ES endlink bushings
Nismo rear sway bar @ full stiff
2J control arms, SuperPro 95 duro bushings
Truax Motorsports subframe connectors
Fully boxed front frame rails (welded to firewall)
2JR 10mm anti-lift kit
2JR offset delrin trailing arm bushings
2JR front delrin motor mount
FI-R rear nylatron motor mount
FI-R aluminum/nylatron crossmember inserts

Transmission
Clutchmasters 725 series twin disk clutch
Clutchmasters aluminum flywheel
ARP flywheel bolts
Prothane tranny mount with Armored's delrin spacers
Techna-fit SS clutch line
2JR short shifter
2JR Turcite X shifter bushings
Redline Heavy Shockproof tranny fluid

Wheels and Brakes
Evo VIII Brembo calipers, StopTech Street pads (street)
350Z Track 12.75" slotted rotors (street, front)
Stock calipers, Maxima rotors, Hawk HPS pads (drag)
Agency Power conversion lines
A32 Maxima rear rotors and brackets (rear)
Rays 57DR 17x9 +38 (street)
Nitto NT-01 255/40/17 (front)
Nankang NS-2R 255/40/17 (rear)
Rota Grid concave 15x8 +20 (drag)
M&H Racemaster slicks 24.5x8.5x15 (drag front)
TDMi 55mm studs all around
Muteki SR48 lugnuts

Exterior
Full 3M Matte silver wrap, gloss black roof
Nismo front lip
Nismo rear spoiler
C-mod grille
On-Star antenna
Sharkey carbon fiber roof spoiler
debadged
50% tint front, 35% rear
QuikLatch minis

Interior
Fully blacked out headliner/pillars
Redlinegoods.com leather shift boot, e-brake boot, and center console cover
Angel Eye gauge cluster/HVAC overlays
Nismo floor mats w/ 2JR floor plate
Nismo GT shift knob
Altima SE-R pedals
Autometer Cobalt boost gauge in sharkey pod
Carbon fiber vent delete with DB AFR gauge
Valentine 1 radar detector

Weight Reduction
Removed stereo system and wiring
Removed A/C system
Removed windshield washer tank and lines
Fully gutted trunk (jack, spare, carpeting, sound deadener)
Removed rear seatbelts/assorted brackets
Removed passenger airbag
Removed A/C, foglight relays and wiring
Odyssey PC680 14lb battery

Bought car new in October of '04 and started modding as soon as I hit theVboard, lol.

Here is is early '06, already installed mmi's, sportlines, rims, Nismo LTB and CAI, and Stromung exhaust.

Really ugly trunk bar, but it was free. 1.25" stainless steel tubing.

Welding TMS chassis braces. Best chassis/suspension mod evar.

JIC FLT-A1's vs. stockers w/sportlines. Second best suspension mod.

Jimmy bar and midpipe shot.

Keeping the interior clean.

The wheels.

Pnp manifold. Was shaved and painted with black high temp paint. Also installed hondata intake manifold gasket with it.

Here is how the car sat a few months ago before my accident:

Catch can is hooked up wrong BTW, don't copy me, lol.

The accident:

I've been working on the car for the past couple of weeks, but progess is kind of slow because of work, not having reliable transportation, etc. But it beats paying a body shop 4x the amount to fix it (no collision coverage FTW).
Taking it apart:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Very sweet B15, I like the "quality" mods you did. Sorry to see the car crashed, but I'm sure you will get it back on the road in no time.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
u said thats an EON grill? whered u get that from?

·
Registered
133 Posts
damn dude that happend to me too ....are you having any electrical problems after that crash????... because for some reason i am =(...
like for exmaple a day later after it was out of the shop the horn went off by itself and it dosen`t go off unless i disconnect it =/... and also that same day the horn went off is been giving me the god damn highbeam light indicator at all times even when i turn off the car... so if i stop for a long time i have to disconnect the battery so that the highbeam indicator won`t kill it ... any suggestions???

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
u said thats an EON grill? whered u get that from?
EroNaz made them back on MSV, not sure if he's still around or just on another forum.

RobSE said:
Very sweet B15, I like the "quality" mods you did. Sorry to see the car crashed, but I'm sure you will get it back on the road in no time.
Lol, why the quotes? I try to stay away from the cheap Taiwan crap everyone puts on their car. The cheapo OBX header was put in to replace my Hotshot that cracked :( I spent a good two hours porting it/cleaning it of all the welding dingleberries and overlapping runners in the collector.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
EroNaz made them back on MSV, not sure if he's still around or just on another forum.
oh okay..i know erix still makes them on here

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn dude that happend to me too ....are you having any electrical problems after that crash????... because for some reason i am =(...
like for exmaple a day later after it was out of the shop the horn went off by itself and it dosen`t go off unless i disconneted =/... and also that same day the horn went off is been giving me the god damn highbeam light indicator at all times even when i turn off the car... so if i stop for long time i have to disconnect the battery so that the highbeam indicator won`t kill my battery ... any suggestions???
Hmmm.. not sure. Check for any frayed wiring that may have been caused by the accident. Fortunately for me, after the crash, the car started up fine with no CEL or any other lights. But it is still a ways from being complete, so who knows what will happen when it is.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hmmm.. not sure. Check for any frayed wiring that may have been caused by the accident. Fortunately for me, after the crash, the car started up fine with no CEL or any other lights. But it is still a ways from being complete, so who knows what will happen when it is.

thanks..... fucking bs i took it back to the shop and the guy that worked on it couldn`t find out what the hell the problem was...so now everytime I`am at work or home i have to disconnect my battery it`s so anoying! i don`t know what to do :thinking:...

tell you what, i hope your car dosen`t have any electrical problems when it`s out of the shop... because my friend crashed his mazda the same way and he told me "your car is never gonna be the same after this, trust me..that`s why i had to get rid of my car"...and he was right... my car hasen`t been the same since...

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wait. airbags didnt diploy? thats BS. look at my car... WTF!
Didn't hit the frame rails at all, went clean under a '92 Taurus and just hit the radiator support directly. Body shop quoted me $7k+ to fix, I'm doing it myself for about $1500 or so with aftermarket parts, minus paint.

B15 front clip = $375
Hood, fender, bumper (CAPA certified) = $450
Headlights = $120 - $200
Radiator, fans (Mishimoto) = $360
New battery even tho the old one was fine = $140 (Optima Redtop)
Nissan OEM a/c delete kit, brackets, retainers = $150

There will be some miscellaneous parts to buy as well I'm sure, but that's the majority of it.

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got a day off (as well as some parts in the mail) so I spent a good 8 hours working on the car yesterday.

Got my fender (thanks to Boarder1186!) so I was able to line up all the fender bolt holes on the left side of the car. Did some more grinding/cutting of the donor front clip to get everything lined up properly and bolted the front fender, headlights, bumper retainer, radiator brackets, and mocked up the front bumper. Looked pretty good.

(my car next to my buddies toyota 4runner project)

The driver fender was not bolted all the way in, hence the gap between it and the door. Everything else lined up well, headlights need some minor massaging and hood need to be realigned. Once thats taken care of, the clip can be welded completely in place.

Also removed the a/c and installed the idler pulley:

After that I decided to have a little fun and do something that's been on my mind for a while... boxing the front frame rails as per the nitto blog :icon16:

The driver side is a bitch to get to, hence the sloppier welds. Removing the a/c lines helps, as well as unclipping the harness from the ecu, but the intake manifold makes it difficult to maneuver. Removed the master cylinder on the drivers side and got a lot more room however.

Also did some smaller stuff like removing the washer nozzles and hood liner off the hood and putting them on the new one, as well as put the old nismo lip on the new bumper.
Should have more updates soon!

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: MisterNuts / '05 Spec / East Bay, CA

Car is all back together finally :biggrin:

Now just deciding what to do for paint... or maybe vinyl wrap in matte black?

·
BDSF
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Thanks guys, it was a lot of work to get it back to the way she looks now, but I saved a ton of $$$ rather than going to the body shop, so that extra cash is going to my turbo build.

First post updated with old pics :icon16:

·
Registered
133 Posts

Very, very impressive. That is a very well rounded mod list. That car must be fun to drive. Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 473 Posts