A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of getting a different car to drive because I'm REALLY liking my Sentra. I'm wanting to dive into getting more horsepower out of my factory qr25de. Could anyone point me to a good source or sources of performance parts to rebuild or add horsepower to my car please. I would add turbo like a fool but I read the factory qr25de can not handle the horsepower. Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance. Will check back in a couple days.

·
6,708 Posts
Where did you read that? Plenty have been boosted using a 50trim t3/t4 at 10psi making 300whp/300tq.

Going NA is not nearly as economical as going boost.

·
39,073 Posts
I second that and I have an AUTOMATIC SE-R. The amount of money you'll spend to get a n/a QR to put down decent power, you'll get dragged by a boosted at maybe half the cost.

·
39,073 Posts
I never dyno'ed it but the auto trans did get worked on. There is/was a shift kit for it but it was harsh as hell. I don't have first hand experience using them, but a company named level 10 did work on the auto trans as well, but they were a hit and miss according to who used them.

The point is that if you have a QR engine, it's more money efficient to boost than to leave n/a if you're looking to make some decent power.

Another thing is that to raise of lower the power, all you need to do is turn up or down the boost. I don't think you have that luxury with a n/a car.

·
Registered
Mustang GT 500. 2011
2 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a different car to drive because I'm REALLY liking my Sentra. I'm wanting to dive into getting more horsepower out of my factory qr25de. Could anyone point me to a good source or sources of performance parts to rebuild or add horsepower to my car please. I would add turbo like a fool but I read the factory qr25de can not handle the horsepower. Any help would be grateful. Thanks in advance. Will check back in a couple days.

Tell me what you came to
11 days have passed since your post and I am interested in your decision

1 - 6 of 6 Posts