A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

More power ( engine swap to vq35de )

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  MoltenNismo 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, i am current looking to do a engine swap on my current 2004 sentra spec v into a V6 (vq35de). The current issue i am having with this is how this is performed. From what i have been researching lately theres alot of custom work that is involved and would like to know exactly what needs to be done and how. So with that being said these are the questions that i personally have laid out that needs answering and would gladly appreciate all the help i can get.

1. Is the vq35de a direct bolt on, meaning that by doing the swap will it automatically line up with the current transmission already installed on the vehicle?

2. Will i be able to use the existing engine mount or will have i too either replace the current one for fabricate one?

3. Will the vq35de a/c compressor fit on this chassis?

Finally
4. Will there be any wire harness replacements in this project? and if so how do i accomplish this? (im assuming it has to be done but just for confirmation)

thank you again for anyone willing to help and hear me out

See less See more
#2 ·
All the answers are on the forum over and over and over. So, no offense, but search the forum and you'll find all the answers. Ignore the stuff more than a couple years old.

Buy a Harness from @tloof

Can buy a mount kit from 2j-racing

LOTS more to learn than that. So get to searching the forum!

Reactions: alexfromclt
#3 ·
#1 yes, but not automatically obviously, need to install properly

#2 yes and no. Also yes or no

#3 yes you can have AC

#4 tloof

Reactions: alexfromclt
#4 ·
tloof and 2jr
are your part sources

by now all vq35de engines will have leaky oil seals around the valves
rebuild the heads at least on any old engine
imo

this is a wonderful swap
adding significant power
without disrupting handling

not bad to do
IF you use the available mounts and most important, tloof's harness
imo

my, old one

#6 ·
2J-Racing sells the swap kit. You will need to do the wiring though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.