A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after getting the leak tested, intercooler pipe re welded and getting the car retuned, the motor is now possibly done. i was driving the car home from the shop when the car like shook and my oil light went on and i heard a LOUD knocking. i pulled over immediately and the car was smoking like crazy and has the loudest knock ever.

sometime between the car being on the dyno and onto the highway the nut on the oil pan came out and drained the oil.

now i have no clue what im going to do. any advice, suggestion input?? build, is there a warranty, could i still save the motor since i turned it off immediatly.

really hoping the motor isnt done :(

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
oh ok, just wanted to make sure you guys didnt need any help, glad yall got home safe. ummm... honestly i dont know what to tell you at this point, atleast you got a solid turbo kit, you can always do 07 crank, k1 rods and some pistons. but you gotta determine what kind of damage is done before jumping the gun on anything.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I've seen it happen at least half a dozen times.. always double, and triple check your oil pan drain plug, and your oil filter!!

I watched a brand new, $15K big bore/stroker modular V8 Ford engine, lunch itself, because the owner didn't have the oil pan plug tight. Tough lesson to learn.. I know, because I made the same mistake on one of my cars, about 10 years ago. ;)

If it's to the point that it's knocking that badly.. you will need a new crank, most likely rods (big ends will be overheated/out of round), and pray that you didn't spin the mains bearings, or you may need a new block.

Travis

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
James did you change the oil recently? Did anyone at the shop touch anything they weren't supposed to?
wtf.....james u just did that oil change not even a week ago

·
Registered
21,701 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
1 - 20 of 144 Posts