A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to do some research and shit for my car at the track..got stock 6 speed gears and plan on running the redline to 7300...trying to figure out if I can trap in 4th or if I’m gonna have to shift into 5th..who’s running their cars to 72-7300??

·
Super Moderator
6,141 Posts
That is not always accurate, I think people was trapping at the top of 4th right at the end, don't remember sadly.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I’m just hoping to not trap 5th..whether it’s boost or nitrous it’s gonna be close

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
The QG18DE with 4 speed auto:
first 35mph
second 65mph
third 110mph
froth unknown

·
Registered
40 Posts
I dont want to top out forth lol, but I got Second at ~42MPH and 3rd at ~82MPH. I hit 7.2k each times.
Im super curious about that main shaft/final gear set. I have to rebuild the trans and wanted to know how reversibility is with the maxima final gear. Keep us posted if you do that.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have the max final drive in my turbo car and it’s fine..I’m just not dropping trans each time I wanna take a diff car LOL

·
Registered
40 Posts
ahh got it. but i dont know why i wrote "reversability" lol. 1st gear has always been soo short, gonna see if someone has a used trans i can rebuild over the spring with the maxima final drive

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If u trap 82 in 3rd I’m guessing around 120 in 4th..which may be enough mph for me to trap in 4th..all depends on my 60’

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
I hear the maxima diff is terrible for any NA because its doesnt have enough torque to push through a wider gear. Its great for turbo tho and I plan on getting it.

I saw that nisformance had that. I need to go shopping...

Reactions: silvabullit

·
Super Moderator
6,141 Posts
It's fine NA.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’m gonna be on nitrous so the max final drive should be fine 4 me..but I can see being NA and having longer gears not working

·
Super Moderator
6,141 Posts
The only person to respond to having it done and using it at the strip had custom 4-6 gearing in anticipation of boost and didn't boost, that was during the MSV days

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So in the end it was a waist of time for him LOL..u remember who made his gearing setup

·
Super Moderator
6,141 Posts
He didn't say iirc but he did claim faster 60' times, that instance just stuck in my head due to one half of the power couple being ignorant...

I never heard anyone else who ran it having issues in 6 on the highway NA

Reactions: silvabullit

·
Super Moderator
6,141 Posts
I have to run an errand and will be on the highway, I'll let you know what speed I'm at for your target rpm.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts