A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Alec I'm 16 years old. This car was purchased by my father for me, this car is now a platform for me to express my love and passion for cars. It's not much but it's what i got. I want to do something different in my town something different than the lowered Honda on BBS or Rotas. ETC. Thanks for viewing and enjoy
photo (1).jpg photo (2).jpg

·
39,045 Posts
Welcome to the site pimp.

That is a hell of a lip....:cool2:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Welcome!

I remember when I got my 1.8. It's been fun. The b15 is a fun platform. While there isn't much "performance" mods for us 1.8s out there, there are plenty of handling and suspension mods along with cosmetic mods that can be done since they are shared with the spec v. Nice start. Look forward to seeing more progress.

Happy modding!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Welcome! Hope you stay around for a while.
There aren't too many things you can do to the 1.8 as far as performance. You can make them sound pretty good, but that's about it.
You can make them handle fairly well too, since Spec V suspension parts fit the 1.8 (same chassis).
I'm 1.8 as well. Is yours 5 speed manual?

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Welcome the Sentra is my first car too. There is not much you can do to the 1.8L to make it go fast. Is a fun car to hoon about the place in you can't make it look good. Is your car a XE too? QG power!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
XE wasn't a thing for those years. It was 1.8s which is pretty much a GXE.

·
Registered
351 Posts
XE wasn't a thing for those years. It was 1.8s which is pretty much a GXE.
They had the 1.8s which was a GXE but they also had a 1.8 base model which was basically an XE ;)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Doy, forgot about that one. But yeah there are no XE/GXE badgings for 04-06.
Personally 04-06 1.8s are better in my opinion. Gets rid of so many stupid sensors and sometimes 1 cat.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Welcome to b15u. Good luck on all your plans w/ her. Some of us have most of the desired/ functional mods on our b15s like perhaps the lightweight pulley to name one. But start slow and n joy the reward!
And @PhantomEagle454 good point on the sensors, their are quite a few.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I agree, front stays much more level with the strut bar.
You can also run to an AutoZone or Advance Auto and get a set of sway bar end link bushings, part # 9.8105. The bushings are very beefy and make your front sway bar work more efficiently.
I'm satisfied with the front suspension on my car now. I'll wrap it up with a rear sway bar as soon as I find one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can defiantly feel it a lot stiffer going around corners. Much less body roll. I pulled it off a gxe at the automotive scrap yard. If anybody could tell me the brand of this strut bar that would be very much appreciated photo (2).jpg

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Nissan lol

·
Registered
504 Posts
Sweet! Great find. That's a stock Sentra strut bar.
I didn't even know that the GXE came with one, but I don't know anything about Sentras besides mine.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Did you replace the innermost strut mount stud with a longer one, or were you able to thread the nut on it?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No i just left it the bolt is halfway up the strut mount it should be pretty solid as is

1 - 20 of 23 Posts