A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, I’ve had this car for over a year now but just joined now. I bought the car for nothing and it was in very rough shape. Over the last year it’s gotten new hood, doors, brakes and the front end was all redone. It has the volcanic red without the Rockford sound system. The mods are, Megan Racing header, mid pipe into a stillen axel back, Nismo cold air intake, 2j short throw shifter, 2j light weight crank wheel 2j 255 fuel pump, solid shifter bushings and a koyo radiator other goodies are a stillen battery hold down, hella horns Bluetooth deck fully custom sound system with the rear speakers independently wired with two 10” subs in the trunk.
Tire Car Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

This is the car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someday I’d like to get mine as clean as yours. So a few questions about your build. Have you had any issues with the intake and headers? I’ve been curious about getting rid of my own stock headers since I’m tired of worrying about the dreaded pre-cat failure but since it’s an 02, I’m ALSO worried about a rough idle due to an untunable ECU. If it’s not too much trouble to ask too, where’d you manage to snag a Nismo intake?
Header was in the car when I bought it and it’s all I’ve ever had. I’ve never had any issue with rough idle. I traded some guy second hand for the intake. He also threw in a genuine nismo plate cover too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They really help open the cars up. Like you said the cars are rock bottom so you don’t have much to lose by putting a cold air intake and a header on it. And yes I do live in the great white North but if you clean your air filter every oil change it’s all good! Honestly as most of the guys on this forum will tell you these cars don’t die and you will be definitely ok if you put a header and intake on. I would honestly be more afraid of the precat issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts