A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new project toy. Picked up for $400 bucks, so hard not to think about tinkering with. Engine was blown and the guy got about halfway through putting it back together before giving up. I had one years ago and it was a fun little car, so may as well get back to one again.
IMG_20170526_222011.jpg

My daily driver. SE-R Altima with HR swap done, UpRev tune, 4 inch intake, LSD in transmission, Brembo calipers and stop tech rotors on all four corners, and a few other minor upgrades. Tuned by Nisformance.
IMG_20170611_093651.jpg

Wife's daily driver
05 Pathfinder.jpg

Road trip/ Family hauler
IMG_20160705_120938.jpg

Spare SUV around the house
IMG_20140301_163558230.jpg

Small Medium and Large Pathfinder styles
IMG_20170201_165508.jpg

88 Desert Runner. I have always wanted one. Now I just have to find time to restore and modify it.
IMG_20170111_230628_01.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I have something of a Nissan addiction. Those are the current, quite a few projects and toys over the years including an SR20DET Convertible 240SX (kinda miss that one), a Twin Turbo 300ZX, a couple other pickup trucks, S14, 2nd gen Xterra...

I see you are in SC as well.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Yeah, I have something of a Nissan addiction. Those are the current, quite a few projects and toys over the years including an SR20DET Convertible 240SX (kinda miss that one), a Twin Turbo 300ZX, a couple other pickup trucks, S14, 2nd gen Xterra...

I see you are in SC as well.
yep, upstate tho, you are in that hot bowl in the summer time. Dont know what it is, but when we go to the coast, it just gets hotter than hell in the columbia area, then cools off once you get away from it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very true. Hotter than hades down here. I grew up in Greer. Insane how different the weather patterns are down here. Came for college and never left.

Going to start putting the Spec V back together in the next couple of months, and I'm curious about what to do since everything is torn apart. My last Spec V I totalled back in 2005. Thinking about the 2J Racing medusa headers, magnaflow cat back, 2J cams, and B16 upper and lower intake manifold. Car already has a CAI. Anything else I should be thinking about since the motor is already torn apart?

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Very true. Hotter than hades down here. I grew up in Greer. Insane how different the weather patterns are down here. Came for college and never left.

Going to start putting the Spec V back together in the next couple of months, and I'm curious about what to do since everything is torn apart. My last Spec V I totalled back in 2005. Thinking about the 2J Racing medusa headers, magnaflow cat back, 2J cams, and B16 upper and lower intake manifold. Car already has a CAI. Anything else I should be thinking about since the motor is already torn apart?
unless you find one on the used market, the medusa is not available anymore from 2J. they are releasing the Spyder header soon tho. Their V2 cams appear to make pretty good power, but you should go with higher compression pistons on a rebuild if you want to take advantage of them, that, with an uprev tune and increased redline will give you decent gains. 2J is all about 3" exhaust these days to, in case you might be looking at their medusa exhaust. I have their 3" side exit on my car, and love it. not very loud inside the car at all. keep in mind tho I have the best muffler on the planet on mine!
20170611_111955_1497194411280.jpg

·
Registered
19,790 Posts

imo the best na motor about town and country was for me, equiped like this:

plenum, 2jr cai, race header, cams, increased compression [try for at least 10.5cr, best street 11.5cr imo]
3" side exhaust

i find this motor exhaust sensitive
a 2.5" side exhaust from 2jr
went consistently 2-3mph faster in the 1/8

than a SS 60mm OBX cat back

faster still on the 3" side exhaust

each set was dynoed and run at the drags
went through 4 of them

60mm obx

the 2.5 [early 2j] compared to stock

3" on the car
DSCN2044 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr