A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just using this as a keeper of info for myself and something to review for everyone else. I have no timeline of doing/completing anything since my situation is up in the air right now...

When it comes to SC, I'm big into the Rotrex units, not sure why but it doesn't really matter since if/when I go FI it will be with one of their C30. With that said I have renewed my search for things to make it easier to build a set-up on the car. The plan is to drop the alternator where the A/C compressor was and but the SC in place of the alternators stock location, roughly since it may need to be mounted a little higher for the inlet. Any who, this is what I have come across reciently:

Found a site that preps steel plates to accept the SC mounting for 3 of Rotrex's SC series: https://928motorsports.com/parts/rotrex_bracket.php
This seems like a good starting point and all I would have to do is cutting the plate's excess to make the bracket. I will order the C30 plate either next month or beginning of next year.

Another spot sells components to rebuild Rotrexs units, I know that is a big gripe about them but that isn't why I'm posting them: http://www.superchargerrebuild.com/rotrex-rebuild/
They have 6 ribbed pulleys, though in only two sizes, it is better that getting one initially machined from scratch.

Reactions: yogi b

·
39,069 Posts
Good luck man.

I think the main gripe about superchargers is the price per hp. With that calculation, it's cheaper to go turbo.
Another thing is the price of the charger itself.

I am in no way shape or form trying to talk you out of it as I myself want one, but I'm just saying.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Price and cost/hp is a given which is why I didn't include it.

Minus the cost of the piping and not including the manifold for the turbo, yes there is a considerable price difference when locating ones that are comparable to each other in performance. I can go either way honestly but the road less traveled is calling my name and it either screams NA or SC.

I just think long term it evens out on the maintenance side of the house in cost when comparing, this is just an opinion and I have to data to back it up, but this opinion doesn't include upping the boost.

·
39,069 Posts
Yeh. Upping the boost is where the turbo shines.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
hey Cricki, I hope you're not planning to push past 300whp if you do a C30-xx snail. it's too small to push enough air to add power throughout the whole rpm range on a motor as big as the QR. my cousin's FG4 Civic uses a C30-94 to boost his K24, and power begins to flatten out after 6k rpm on his car. he theoretically could make more than 330whp, but the C30 can't push enough air past 6k to keep making more power. the only reason he uses the C30 is 'coz there's not enough space in the bay to use the C38.

the C38-81 or C38-91 would be better units, though space would come at a premium with how big the C38 is.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Just go procharger. Hehe. It's been done, no custom fab. And you can push basically the same cfm as the rotrex c38-xx changer. The c1a is really good at pushing the spec v. Or you can push harder with a c2a. Nbd.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey Cricki, I hope you're not planning to push past 300whp if you do a C30-xx snail. it's too small to push enough air to add power throughout the whole rpm range on a motor as big as the QR. my cousin's FG4 Civic uses a C30-94 to boost his K24, and power begins to flatten out after 6k rpm on his car. he theoretically could make more than 330whp, but the C30 can't push enough air past 6k to keep making more power. the only reason he uses the C30 is 'coz there's not enough space in the bay to use the C38.

the C38-81 or C38-91 would be better units, though space would come at a premium with how big the C38 is.
Not planning on pushing big numbers when/if I do this, I'm sure I can get away with running a c38 easy but I don't find it necessary for me. I feel as though we are comparing apples and oranges with your friends civic including that fact I have no idea his set-up entails, but none the less, what you said will be in the back of my mind since I might adjust later once I do more measurements.

Just go procharger. Hehe. It's been done, no custom fab. And you can push basically the same cfm as the rotrex c38-xx changer. The c1a is really good at pushing the spec v. Or you can push harder with a c2a. Nbd.
Who are you and why are you talking, obviously you are missing something....like everything since ..um, lets see, custom fab work still needs to be done. Honestly, why have I even brought this point up to you since it's obvious you wish someone to go a lazy route that you would prefer since you missed or don't understand the point of this thread. yuk yuk its been dun hehe :fuckoff:, if I wanted something that has been done I would have had a Honda....fucking lazy.... fuck that shit irritates the fuck out of me some much I want to kick the back of a fetus's forehead while its still in the womb with out the mother feeling a thing...

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Not planning on pushing big numbers when/if I do this, I'm sure I can get away with running a c38 easy but I don't find it necessary for me. I feel as though we are comparing apples and oranges with your friends civic including that fact I have no idea his set-up entails, but none the less, what you said will be in the back of my mind since I might adjust later once I do more measurements.

Who are you and why are you talking, obviously you are missing something....like everything since ..um, lets see, custom fab work still needs to be done. Honestly, why have I even brought this point up to you since it's obvious you wish someone to go a lazy route that you would prefer since you missed or don't understand the point of this thread. yuk yuk its been dun hehe :fuckoff:, if I wanted something that has been done I would have had a Honda....fucking lazy.... fuck that shit irritates the fuck out of me some much I want to kick the back of a fetus's forehead while its still in the womb with out the mother feeling a thing...
he is running a supercharger setup on his car, and makes brackets for them

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
he is running a supercharger setup on his car, and makes brackets for them
Good for him, my statement still stands, if he read the OP and understood why I'm going this route(when I do) he wouldn't be making such an ignorant statement.

·
39,069 Posts
Good for him, my statement still stands, if he read the OP and understood why I'm going this route(when I do) he wouldn't be making such an ignorant statement.
And people call ME mean.......lol

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
just something to think about. the C30 unit can only flow so much, and after a certain point the C30 can't provide the air needed to maintain power on a motor as big as the QR, or any other motor that pushes over two liters of displacement, which is where the C38 will prove better for making power throughout the entire powerband.

otherwise. . .I'd like to see how this Rotrex unit works on a QR, regardless of the unit used ? the C30 will definitely do some good down low and in the midrange, but up top it might fall over like my cousin's FG4 setup.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And people call ME mean.......lol
That's not even opening the can yet.

just something to think about. the C30 unit can only flow so much, and after a certain point the C30 can't provide the air needed to maintain power on a motor as big as the QR, or any other motor that pushes over two liters of displacement, which is where the C38 will prove better for making power throughout the entire powerband.

otherwise. . .I'd like to see how this Rotrex unit works on a QR, regardless of the unit used �� the C30 will definitely do some good down low and in the midrange, but up top it might fall over like my cousin's FG4 setup.
I thought about it while on duty and for the cost of the unit from kraftwerks, and the size difference which seems to be marginal but won't know for sure yet, I may lean to the c38s.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Don't get grumpy. Shit. I was just trying to make your $$ go further. If you want a rotrex. You'll just be uniquely slow. Me and a few other have been bouncing the idea around for a long time. I just see no benefit over the current offerings. When you compare the cfm of the units only the c38 compares to a c1a.

Keep in mind your feeding a big engine with a big mouth. Running a small rotrex will be like putting the turbo from a stock 4g63 on here. Sure you'll make some power. But it wont be nearly as efficient.

But by all means. Do your thang.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Don't get grumpy huh, you come into a thread specific to another supercharger trying to pedal your wares like I'm supposed to give a flying fuck like I don't already know about the vortex unit and I'm supposed to be grateful. You fail to respect the OP and decided fuck this guy and shove your shit down my throat like what you have is the greatest gift ever; this ain't grumpy, how about respect and since you lack it bitch then I will return in kind. If you think that this is grumpy then you have some problems you need to deal with as this is just a mild irritated response to those who say "do this instead of that". If you ain't paying for it then don't say a word that is worth a damn only to you.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Pedal my wares? Oh so now your just pissed cause I'm trying to sell something to you. And uh. No. I wasn't say go procharger buy my bracket. I know a few kits that are floating out there that aren't of my design. I was just simply making an observation and sharing my opinion. You could have just said "nah bro I'm good." And I wouldn't have pushed the issue at all. Just wanted to make you aware of all the options. As I don't know you. Just like you don't know me. I didn't know how far you had dug. Enjoy your rotrex build.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pedal my wares? Oh so now your just pissed cause I'm trying to sell something to you. And uh. No. I wasn't say go procharger buy my bracket. I know a few kits that are floating out there that aren't of my design. I was just simply making an observation and sharing my opinion. You could have just said "nah bro I'm good." And I wouldn't have pushed the issue at all. Just wanted to make you aware of all the options. As I don't know you. Just like you don't know me. I didn't know how far you had dug. Enjoy your rotrex build.
Pissed...nope, think I stated how I felt.

What's the title of the thread? What does the OP say? Was there ever a purpose to your post in this thread? Opinions are always welcome but when it's specific, then specific opinions are what count.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
This discussion only came up because neko and I were comparing a few things between the Rotrex vs Procharger.

The CFM between the units at max impeller RPM.

The internal step up ratio in relation to pulley size and impeller RPM.

and the overall size of the unit in question. C38 vs c30 and how all that info relates to the C1A/C2A.

It was never intended to disrespect the OP. As to more as sharing info, gauging intended purpose and perhaps anyone who stumbles across this post on Google can maybe get something from it?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts