41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
8,815 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
ok, so, back to work... Dont know how well you can see it, I used sharpie for the picture before, just for the contrast, but I used a scribe to mark the openings I needed to cut after clean up.
scribe 1.jpg
scribe 2.jpg
begining with the metal nibbler!
scribe 3.jpg
The metal nibbler eats the metal and craps out these little pieces...
illustrative purposes only! Do not do this on the carpet, or in the house for that matter, those little pieces of metal are sharp, and stepping on one could be rather painful. wear gloves, do this outside where you can clean it up, and wear shoes! I am not responsible for marital issues resulting from ignoring this paragraph!
scribe 4.jpg
Nom nom nom...
scribe 5.jpg

I still need to drill a starting hole (1/2 inch) in the opening for the hood latch, but the rest of this is really boring and time consuming.. not any excitement until I get to the next phase!

·
Registered
11,557 Posts
ok, so, back to work... Dont know how well you can see it, I used sharpie for the picture before, just for the contrast, but I used a scribe to mark the openings I needed to cut after clean up.
View attachment 82313
View attachment 82321
View attachment 82329
illustrative purposes only! Do not do this on the carpet, or in the house for that matter, those little pieces of metal are sharp, and stepping on one could be rather painful. wear gloves, do this outside where you can clean it up, and wear shoes! I am not responsible for marital issues resulting from ignoring this paragraph!
View attachment 82337
Nom nom nom...
View attachment 82345

I still need to drill a starting hole (1/2 inch) in the opening for the hood latch, but the rest of this is really boring and time consuming.. not any excitement until I get to the next phase!
Definitely seems time consuming, but in the end it's worth the time!

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Lookin good neat lil tool

·
Super Moderator
21,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
after hours of metal nibbler, cussing, a blister or two, we are left with:
shaped.jpg

I still need to do some filing, sanding, and some minor shaping, but here is a rough test fit and how it will look when finished. I may leave it rough aluminum colored, or paint a satin black... undecided yet!
test fit.jpg

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
View attachment 82313
View attachment 82321
View attachment 82329
View attachment 82337
Nom nom nom...
View attachment 82345

Finally putting that nibbler to use. Lol I told KJG that I am doing my own grill. He can supervise.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
yep, I will clean up this thread when I am done and put the whole thing in the first post, so its easier to follow
Thanks... With all the orders for graduation think I might request off Sunday and start it. Lol I know, bytch move yet, they really need to give me some kind of break at work.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts