A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Sentra fam! I have an 03 spec V. Im currently battling the dreaded P2135 code. Upon inspecting my wiring harness i found this connector and can't figure out where it connects to. Single green wire by the oil pressure sensor. Right above the pressure sensor, theres a threaded plug. I thought a coolant temp sensor should be there, but nothing on rockauto shows a coolant sensor that would fit that connector. Im thinking power steering switch but couldn't find it from top or bottom. Does anybody know where i should plug it to?
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
7,175 Posts
Power steering, should be a electrical "nipple" sticking out from it pointing to the firewall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power steering, should be a electrical "nipple" sticking out from it pointing to the firewall.
Thank you!
Upon further research i found out that ive been running a power steering from a newer vehicle, where the sensor is located on the line instead.

Here's a couple screen shots of comparisons. I don't have a CEL for the sensor. Could this be a potential issue to trigger the P2135?
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Rim

ETCG working on a b15
Output device Product Automotive tire Font Screenshot

Pump from an 08 altima (looks like mine)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do a search for P2135 on the forum and you'll find it has nothing to do with your power steering, it is to do with the accelerator sensor circuit A/B mismatch.
I have but its time to think outside the box. Especially when the wiring looks good, throttle body and accelerator pedal have been replaced. The power steering sends a signal to the ecu to bump idle up a bit when turning. So it was just a thought bud.
Anyways, an update for the productive people in this forum. Im changing out the relays next.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No i havent jumped the wires since a proper repair needs to have a shielded ground around the wires up to the ECM. Plus it passed my visual inspection and wiggle test. Im running the Hitachi ETB0004 throttle body with a nisformance pigtail directly wired to the main harness.
I know its not in the fsm test procedure, but these relays are suspicious. The car would act up , throw the CEL, and immediate limp mode. I would pull over and let it fully power down. After that i would turn it back on and it would be totally normal again. I knew when it was powered down because of the loud clicks from the relays behind the glove box. From my understanding is that the ECM sends a signal to the relay. Relay energizes which sends 12 volts through the relay to the ECM then to the throttle body. What if for a split second the voltage is interrupted, causing the TB to send a mixed message back to the ECU?
Heres the inside of the old TB control relay.
Finger Wood Thumb Nail Cable

Kinda hard to tell but theres an indent where it makes contact. I also replaced the ECM relay while i was in there. The original TB control relay part number is 25230-79915 rated for 10 amps. I replaced it with a 25230-79917 rated for 30 amps.
Azure Circuit component Rectangle Font Electric blue
Fluid Finger Drinkware Nail Thumb

With both relays replaced i can barely hear them click as it should be. So far so good. Its an inexpensive upgrade/repair. Sorry for the ramble, I just hope this helps someone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts