A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I was new to the car scene there was allot. I have to sneak this in, green wheels and green tint on my Honda del sol:yuck: Fast forward 22yrs I would say the removal of the balance shaft in my SPEC V. As a daily driver it sucks. Too much vibrations and jostled parts loose because of it. Not to mention the extra quart of oil you gotta put into it, and good oil is not cheap. delsolLside.jpg dash.jpg Things got better:) FRONTRIGHT.JPG GSRSTYLE.JPG my_brow.jpg RIP_93-04.jpg

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
I havent dont the bsr just for that reason. No regrets.

Currently no major regrets. I have had alot better luck than others.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hands down the BSR, hated it from the first start up, I dont have one in this engine, but the assembly is balanced better than the original engine. I try to discourage anyone from doing the bsr unless they are raising the rev limit
Man, I wish I was on here 5yrs ago to get discouraged. I have a spare motor sitting, if I keep the car I will put it in the replacement. What does the bsr do for the rev limit mod?

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Bsr kit in all 3 cars no regrets lol. And the one has all solid mounts. Don't mind it at all

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Man, I wish I was on here 5yrs ago to get discouraged. I have a spare motor sitting, if I keep the car I will put it in the replacement. What does the bsr do for the rev limit mod?
the bsr doesnt have anything directly to do with the rev limit, other than it spins at twice engine speed 12,200 rpm at the rev limit. if you raise the rev limit to 700 rpm, it will be spinning at 14,000 rpm, not a good thing, especially if the rotors in it seize up, its not a good idea to have them in there.

to counter not having the balance shafts, you need to get the engine assembly blueprinted and balanced, and have a good harmonic damper on the engine. It still shakes and vibrates more, but not as bad as on a stock engine.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the bsr doesnt have anything directly to do with the rev limit, other than it spins at twice engine speed 12,200 rpm at the rev limit. if you raise the rev limit to 700 rpm, it will be spinning at 14,000 rpm, not a good thing, especially if the rotors in it seize up, its not a good idea to have them in there.

to counter not having the balance shafts, you need to get the engine assembly blueprinted and balanced, and have a good harmonic damper on the engine. It still shakes and vibrates more, but not as bad as on a stock engine.
Have there been any cases of the balance shaft shaft seizing up with/without raising the rev limit?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bsr kit in all 3 cars no regrets lol. And the one has all solid mounts. Don't mind it at all
I was debating over solid mounts. Ended up doing the Energy Suspension inserts instead. I just don't know if I can tolerate it everyday to work 60 miles. I installed BSR and a lightweight pulley same time. Do you think there's more vibration with the pulley?

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
I was debating over solid mounts. Ended up doing the Energy Suspension inserts instead. I just don't know if I can tolerate it everyday to work 60 miles. I installed BSR and a lightweight pulley same time. Do you think there's more vibration with the pulley?
I have stock crank pulley since it boosted. Didnt trust a lightweight one for boost

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
20,871 Posts
Most anything i regret is either something someone else did on the car I bought used or on my OG car it would be having used a used instead of new part.

One exception. That applies to both cars....
Damn super squeaky SuperPro bushings.
I regret the noise, don't regret the performance.

Car came this way, but I would not do....
Super noisy brake pads.
And I personally am in the super minority of not liking the bumpsteer and roll center correction kit.
Also POS eBay JUNK HID kit. WORSE than stock.

Too long a list of used shit I should have bought new instead lol. Won't bother listing. Buy NEW shit whenever possible!

·
Super Moderator
20,871 Posts
PS

I regret all the tires I ever bought before I ever had bought Actually GOOD tires!

·
Registered
4,877 Posts
Have there been any cases of the balance shaft shaft seizing up with/without raising the rev limit?
This I dont know exactly but there have been some. But, it may have been due to things like 200k+ miles, lack of changing oil, or low oil. The chances of it failing because of high rpm are minimal imo.

I have the delrins mounts and I must admit that its a bitch. Tis 1 regret. The dash vibrates hard at certain rpm, especially in the passenger airbag area. I have been sitting on poly mounts for a long time but still havent swapped them out. Solid mounts are a bad idea if you are not using them for actually racing.

Most anything i regret is either something someone else did on the car I bought used or on my OG car it would be having used a used instead of new part.

One exception. That applies to both cars....
Damn super squeaky SuperPro bushings.
I regret the noise, don't regret the performance.

Car came this way, but I would not do....
Super noisy brake pads.
And I personally am in the super minority of not liking the bumpsteer and roll center correction kit.
Also POS eBay JUNK HID kit. WORSE than stock.

Too long a list of used shit I should have bought new instead lol. Won't bother listing. Buy NEW shit whenever possible!
Noticed over the passed couple days I think the rf lca mounts are starting to squeak. No regret but its probly about time to relube those sons anyways. Been on the car for probly about 4 years. The lube that came with the trailing arm bushings seemed really really good and I wanna relube it with that stuff. I hadnt used it before. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N5Z408/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Ugh talk about super loud brakes. Hawk HP Plus (not HPS) wheeeew be prepared for some noise. It stops on a dime when hot but daily driving makes you wanna sink into your seat unseen.

Cheap hids do suck. ddmtuning hids suck. Had them on my civic and couldnt see SHIT. Never buy cheap parts because you always end up paying more for them, I always preach it. I should get that tattoo'd on my forehead lol

·
Registered
4,877 Posts

·
Registered
8,839 Posts
Oh no, just wish I was shooting blanks when I was younger but in reality just not so bad, just slower to do certain things.
2nd this lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
Actually, besides the 18s I did so long ago, I currently regret the 06 conversion as I hate the gauges...I want my 02-03 gauges back.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Cheap hids do suck. ddmtuning hids suck. Had them on my civic and couldnt see SHIT. Never buy cheap parts because you always end up paying more for them, I always preach it. I should get that tattoo'd on my forehead lol
On that note, I had ddmtuning HIDS for 7yrs. They were brighter than my DDM LEDs. Lifetime warranty was nice but they never came on at the same time. Had to flick them on/off a few time for both stayed on. Powerful lights but not worth the hassle. Even had an electrical engineer look into it and couldn't figure it out, neither could DDM. They just kept replacing them. My engineer buddy did say they're wiring sucks, low guage and quality.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts