A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to see if anyone in here has a 2010 or later B16 with a navigation headunit installed. The reason I'm asking is that I've had a double din unit installed for a few months and I just don't like the fitment of it. I've never really been a huge fan of how aftermarket touch screens look in most dashes really. So with that being said I wanted to see if an factory unit (they vary between 60 and 100 bucks used) could be swapped for a more integrated factory look. I would love to have my information display back too since Nissan decided that I didn't need that when I install a radio.

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
For factory look, you can get one of these plastics and any double din headunit will almost look stock.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For factory look, you can get one of these plastics and any double din headunit will almost look stock.

With the Specs you don't need a dash kit and I've never really been a fan of them anyways. They always seem to just look out of place. I tried 3 different units from Blaupunkt to Sony and varying sizes and I just dont like the look of it. Not only that, but my biggest gripe is that they no longer sell the conversion harness that allows you to use an aftermarket headunit and still retain the driver information display (I've actually started missing seeing distance until E or the MPG because I'm kind of a miser that likes to peg a vehicle as high as it will go and exceed the factory numbers).

So my idea is to just use a factory unit because all of that loops through the headunit, but I have yet to see a Sentra with the Nav unit to verify if the plugs are the same to see if it would just be a plug in deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts