A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My driver side window go stuck in the down position, and so I figured I needed to replace the regulator and the motor. The window switches on the door panel work fine with all the other windows except the driver side. So I bought a replacement part from Rock Auto. The part in the picture looks exactly like the one that I need but the part they sent me wouldn't fit. So I returned it in hopes that they would send me the right part and I got sent the same wrong part! Anyone have any idea where I can find the right part that I need?? The assembly I need doesn't have the little cable connector that the replacement part has.
Auto part
Automotive window part
Finger Auto part Technology Hand Thumb
Finger Font Technology Cable Electronic device

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Sentra Se-R Spec V
132 Posts
If everything else fits and your only issue is the plug not being right, I would just cut the old plug and splice it on the new part. I think that may be your only option besides a junkyard part. Someone else im sure will chime in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If everything else fits and your only issue is the plug not being right, I would just cut the old plug and splice it on the new part. I think that may be your only option besides a junkyard part. Someone else im sure will chime in.
There's no cable to splice on the old part. The connector it built into the motor. I'll consider junkyard parts if it comes to it though. I just find it hard to believe that I can't find the right part online to order? There has to be a place that sells the right assembly?anyways, thank you for your input!

·
Administrator
6,990 Posts
Swap the plastic from the old to the new...if you know how to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to revive a thread, but OP did you ever sort this out? Just ran into this exact problem and it's super frustrating. What did you end up doing?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, funny story just to follow up- I took back the first motor I got at lordco and made them search for one that looked like it had the correct connector. I ended up with a dorman one that fit, correct connector . . .Put it all together and the switch is reversed!! Lol . . .So now I'm trying to get used to pulling up to roll down the window and vice versa. I might try re-pinning those two wires on the connector, but might just leave it. Gives it character, right?? I'll try to attach a pic of the dorman part number (742-509):
Automotive tire Gas Packing materials Font Auto part

So be forwarned, it works, but in reverse!

·
Registered
Recovering BDSO
20 Posts
I ended up with a dorman one that fit, correct connector . . .Put it all together and the switch is reversed!! Lol . . .So now I'm trying to get used to pulling up to roll down the window and vice versa. I might try re-pinning those two wires on the connector, but might just leave it.
Had the same thing happen, twice, when ordering from rock auto. Thankfully most connectors have a built in way to release the pins, dental picks are a god send for these jobs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts