A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.i just need some ideas on how to approach to my sentra 1.8 2006 with 150k miles. I needed to replace my wheel bearing front passenger side caz of some humming noise while on highways.i used national wheel bearing.i also chnaged my control arm caz i saw the ball joint started to leak.
After replacing my humming sound is gone but i started to to have a intermittent graoning noise with rt extreme sharp turn.sounds like everytime the wheel turns once it make that groaning sound once. I looked behind the tire.nothing seems out of ordinary. No noise on while going straight or sharp turn to left.i believe i torqued all parts by spec.Help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,213 Posts
Humming was probably masking the groaning, I would suspect the power steering system first....checking the fluid and bleeding the system if need be, but.......
since that side was riding on a bad bearing for who knows how long, the ball joint in the half shaft is probably bad.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Humming was probably masking the groaning, I would suspect the power steering system first....checking the fluid and bleeding the system if need be, but.......
since that side was riding on a bad bearing for who knows how long, the ball joint in the half shaft is probably bad.
Thanks for the reply. I thought abt power steering too. I had replaced both belts 6months agoalong with bleeding and new ps fluid, just as a routine. But i will bleed them again as mentioned.
I will check the axle. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts