A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
@shortcut10, hey buddy I know there's a lot of debate over the a/c hose revision/change and I just fell victim to it… these are the fire wall ends, top is the one that I was taking out of my 03, I'm gonna guess new style? And bottom came out of an 02 I'm guessing old style/original part. Is there any way you could point me to the part # location so I can post for refferance? Also can you tell by looking if my assumption is correct? It's a lot to ask I know, but I really really wanna get my a/c fixed this week… thanks, image.jpg

Reactions: SeR0tt2

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
@dragonfire2002 I'll look into it, but the revision was more of a diameter difference if I remember correctly rather than the space of the seal, is the one on the left the one out of your car or is it the one on the right. The revision also states you MUST replace the upper hose along with the rest of the metal line that runs into the firewall to the evaporator. Shoot me your VIN# in a pm, and if @2k4spec can shoot me his VIN# in a pm, I can do some searching and cross referencing of the part numbers, because I picked up his old one at last years BBQ, and his 04 AC hose fit my 03 Spec. I'll do some searching and keep in touch with you, expect a pm from me with my findings as soon as I analyze the VIN#s

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The one on the left I pulled from my car… the metal looks so new I'm starting to wonder if its been replaced before my ownership. The one on the right was all grungy looking, and came out of an 02 parts car… alright, I'll copy my vin for ya…

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok from what a local just told me my hose part # is oem 924804z701, said I need oem 924804z702 plus adapter part #924406z500. Plus the new high side line… idk if that helps any, but that's what info I was given today……

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Ok from what a local just told me my hose part # is oem 924804z701, said I need oem 924804z702 plus adapter part #924406z500. Plus the new high side line… idk if that helps any, but that's what info I was given today……
92440-6Z500 is not an adapter it is the rest of the low side line that goes into the firewall, the high side line you shouldn't have to change since they are two completely separate lines which just run parallel in/out of the firewall unless the high side line is changed as well on the side where it bolts to the firewall to keep both lines sealed. It is an awkward situation, and I've never had this much difficulty but we will get to the bottom of it!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
The one on the left I pulled from my car… the metal looks so new I'm starting to wonder if its been replaced before my ownership. The one on the right was all grungy looking, and came out of an 02 parts car… alright, I'll copy my vin for ya…
Did any of these work for you? If they did, I know what is something to look for

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one I pulled outta my car, worked fine, I only am replacing because it leaks where the rubber hose and metal part are pressed together by the alternator. I didn't try installing the other one because it was different and didn't want any more issues then what I already was getting into. If I find another hose with the same short firewall side end it should work in my thinking…

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
image.jpg So if I get this part # 92440-6Z500 I should be able to use the hose I got from the 02? The local I talked to quoted me $80as the dealership price with no mark ups or anything… maybe that's the route I should go, but then idk if this hose is even good, so that's a risk, think I would probably rather buy a new hose, but then I can't replace just the 1 hose, so I'm confused…

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
The one I pulled outta my car, worked fine, I only am replacing because it leaks where the rubber hose and metal part are pressed together by the alternator. I didn't try installing the other one because it was different and didn't want any more issues then what I already was getting into. If I find another hose with the same short firewall side end it should work in my thinking…
OK I did some searching, turns out I was wrong in my assumption, the 92440-6Z500 is not the rest of the low side line, but the actual cooler pipe off of the high side hose the runs to the firewall, the difference in what is required is since they changed the Low pressure line fitting into the firewall, they also changed the way the high side line clamps it down, since doing this they have required changing both, BUT if you can find an older design one that is in good condition you should have no issues

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So as long as I find another hose with the shorter firewall side… awesome. Thanks Peter for helping me square that away, now I just gotta figure out if I wanna chance a 4 seasons brand that says its direct replacement of mine, or just by completely new OEM, of just deal with the slow leak… lmfao! Choices choices!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
So as long as I find another hose with the shorter firewall side… awesome. Thanks Peter for helping me square that away, now I just gotta figure out if I wanna chance a 4 seasons brand that says its direct replacement of mine, or just by completely new OEM, of just deal with the slow leak… lmfao! Choices choices!
Yessir there will always be choices and good luck... You have a pm...

·
Registered
85 Posts
While still somewhat 'current'

When I got my car, the previous owner said it needed a new high side line. He had PN 92440 6z500 of which did not work in how it bolted to the condensor.

I ordered a 'new line' (which I'm thinking is actaully the original correct line, not the updated). Put it in the car, and right away noticed that now the low side line wasn't sealing properly (it would hold a vacuum, but not hold pressure)

I took it apart and looked, my my 02 had the same end as shown in the LEFT on the above picture. When looking at the new line that I got from my dealer, it's obviously longer, thus making me think that I will also need a new 'old style' line which would be PN 92480-4Z702 as that would have the 'longer' part that goes into the expansion valve...

Am I correct or am I just crazy?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The high side PN 92440 6z500 coresponds with the low side line PN 92480 4z702 iirc.if you have the one pictured on the left with the short end it was the one NISSAN replaced. You will want the low side line that has the longer end. And as a matter of fact I still happen to have the used line with the longer end at my place. I would have to ask the guy I got it from how much if you want it because I was in the process of getting it back to him in trade for some key fobs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The high side PN 92440 6z500 coresponds with the low side line PN 92480 4z702 iirc.if you have the one pictured on the left with the short end it was the one NISSAN replaced. You will want the low side line that has the longer end. And as a matter of fact I still happen to have the used line with the longer end at my place. I would have to ask the guy I got it from how much if you want it because I was in the process of getting it back to him in trade for some key fobs.

That would be awesome if you did, so long as the rubber/metal crimp is still good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this crazy AC line issue. I appreciate you looking out, let me know what you'd want for it. I was debating on getting a new one but you're deal may work out.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be awesome if you did, so long as the rubber/metal crimp is still good.

I'm glad I'm not the only one going through this crazy AC line issue. I appreciate you looking out, let me know what you'd want for it. I was debating on getting a new one but you're deal may work out.
I don't know what cobdition the hose is in. That was the stipulation when I got it. I'll shoot the guy a text and find out his price and let ya know.I replaced my condensor last fall and thoughr for some reason I needed a hose but when I went to change it my system was still pressurized.so I put my hose back on and had it recharged

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
@shortcut10 Sorry for reviving the thread, but it's relevant as I'm gonna be getting my AC back up and running again.

My low side hose was leaking so I took it off to replace it at some point in time. It has the short end on it, so which parts do I need to replace it, and I'm sure I'll need a new drier also as the line has been off for a year now. I just had tape over the expansion valve and compressor, but I know moisture has gotten in it so the drier is probably ruined.

But which low side line do I need and will I need both high and low side lines then?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If ya had a short end hose ya need another short end hose. If ya get the big end hose your gonna have to replace both. Thats the way I understood it.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I will have A/C compressor, condenser, lines and maybe evaporator from an '06 Spec V for sale very soon. If anyone is interested, PM me.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
did your low side hose leak near the alternator too? mine sprung a leak over winter and i need to replace it too. best bet is to go to the junkyard since there are updated parts that require me to change the other line?
Yea, mine looked like it leaked at the crimps where it goes from rubber to metal.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts