A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
So now I'm in this predicament as well. It's not so clear which line is which in this thread. I did talk to the parts guy at my local Nissan. Apparently 02 Sentra's had both the short and long because sometime in July 2002 is when Nissan decided to change up the lines. Their system doesn't have specifics or images of parts other than the same schematics we can all look up online, so he wasn't so sure of things either. They don't keep them stock in the back for an easy comparison; you have to special order them.

So can we do some clarifying? @dragonfire2002

92480-4Z701: is the low pressure line with the long firewall fitting
92480-4Z702: is the low pressure line with the short firewall fitting
They are not interchangeable.

So, because both were used for the 2002 model year, you have to either pull the firewall connection, or know your Sentra's actual production date to know which one you actually need. You cannot just select 2002 Sentra 2.5L on a website and get the correct one.

Additionally, if you are changing from short-to-long or long-to-short, you also have to change your high-pressure line along with your low-pressure line between the firewall and compressor.

Correct?

·
Super Moderator
20,851 Posts
If it helps..... Production month and year is on a label in the door jam. Driver door. Actually...might be on the door. In the jam or on the door where it meets the jam

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Um... honestly I don't recall, I haven't had my sentra for going on 2 1/2 years now. But yes, I do believe they both have to be changed and the same, long high side +long low side or short high side + short low side, because the bracket on the low line determine how far to let the hose go in iirc. But please, don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Ah, damn. Didn't know you've been out of the Sentra game. But this was a thread necro.

On the bright side, found a 702 on ebay and the seller is a dealership in AZ according to their profile. They're getting it sent to them tomorrow and gonna send me back pictures of the firewall fitting. Hopefully the one I need. If not, at least we'll know which is which.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Confirmed.

92480-4Z702: is the low pressure line with the short firewall fitting

21 - 25 of 25 Posts