A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2005 Special Edition and the DDM Tuning H11 HID fog light kit. I have tried installing it, but it doesn't seem to work! (No, I did not blow a fuse.) Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the greatest with modifying electrical things on my car. The link/photo shows how I set it up, as I honestly don't see any other way it could work.

DDM H11 HID Kit | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
6,560 Posts
Did the car actually come with fogs or were the fogs added in? Just covering ground here...

Looks simple enough though...you're in SD, did you pick it up from them? IIRC They're in socal, just wasn't sure where though. Maybe you can tell them it doesn't work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The fogs are stock. Yes they're about 2 miles away from me so I just picked them up there. I have a bad harness for my headlights, so I have to unbolt that and bring it in, I already talked to the dude about that part. Damn, this is way more frustrating than I had hoped! Easy installation, but it's hard to get them to actually work! -.-

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great idea! I went back today, and he said the problem might be with a reversed polarity and I told him that couldn't be it because I tried that, and then he tested the ballasts and lights and they were fine, so I need a harness indeed! I thought I was just being a flaming idiot!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Hey didn't I just add u on instagram?? Lol and yeah it looks like u need a harness , unfortunately I need one too , the one I have is rusted internally somehow

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you?! What's your username on insta? Lol if the harness they give me for the foggies is the same length as the one they gave me for the headlights, I'm going to slam my head into something. More work for me! The headlight one barely reached my battery. And that's really weird.. maybe moisture got into the thin cracks somehow, but that's really odd. Do you also have DDM?
Edit: I can't words.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I am boostednissan ,If its not long enough just extend the wires get some connectors and wires . And I've had my hids for over 4 years now So I assume that's why its rusting

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's what everyone says about the fogs! It took like <5 minutes to install them on each side, but then they didn't work. I don't really want a harness for them, I feel it'd be too many wires, I already have a lot because of the headlights and my Hella horns. :/

·
Registered
4,878 Posts
I have this same problem with my garbage ddm hids. I got the harness but Im ending up with 2 open connecters that go nowhere!

/thread jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts