A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

Need help diagnosing Turbo spec Breaking up!

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Qnzser 
#1 ·
Hi all! It’s been a while. My turbo spec v has been sitting for a while because I was annoyed with fixing it tbh and now I’ve decided to revive it. I’m at a loss as to what It can be.

Basically the car idles fine. But as soon as you give it even 1/4 throttle (in neutral) it has a huge delay and feels like it’s running on 2 cylinders. No codes. But afr are reading super lean. It’s undriveable.

I’ve done the following to remedy the issue with no success:
-new plugs
-new maf
-new cam and crank sensor
-new intake manifold gaskets
-cleaned out the injectors
-pulled 4 coil packs from the junk yard
-check cam shaft timing marks
-smoke tested for vaccuum leaks
-did all the pedal dances.
-compression tested it

before I go any more parts cannon I figured I’d reach out to y’all for help

See less See more
#2 ·
Oof. First Id make sure all vacuum lines are correctly routed and not broken. Also need an actual value on fuel pressure.

Reactions: Tritton
#3 ·
It failed mid drive so I know the vac is router right. Was making a fast and hard right hand turn on an off ramp when it happened. I’m thinking fuel pump issue from Fuel starving? What’s the best way to plumb in a guage seeing as there’s no port on the rail for one.

#6 ·
Idk why the fuck cars dont use a simple test port and gotta make it all complicated by breaking seals to rig a tool in thats specially built for only that car. Stupid!

Reactions: SKILLET
#8 ·
What year is your car?
What if any engine management? SAFC? Flashed ecu?
What's your afr at idle?
What's your fuel pressure at idle?
Have you reset/ replaced the throttle body?
Which pedal dances did you do?
Does it rev above 3000rpm (limp mode)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

#9 ·
2005 with a 2004 oem non-Nats ecu with uprev. Did the pedal dances with no change. Factory throttle body. I don’t have a fuel pressure gauge so I’m not sure yet. Afrs read immediately 21 (leanest the guage goes) after any throttle input. Idles at 14.7. Yes i revs past 3k.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.