A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt find a post about how to flush power steering fluid. I got low power steering fluid, possible leak from somewhere. Help me with the pictures of flush fluids and pipe from power steering fluid to somewhere. And what kind of power steering fluid should i get?

Thanks

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412888876.024597.jpg
Low fluid

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412888892.401677.jpg
Leak from there?

If not leak can i just refill? Or need to flush?

If leak do i need get new hose? Then flush?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
Reactions: yogi b

·
6,695 Posts
Is that oem fluid? My car is 6spds not automanic.
I'm sure you figured it out already that the ps system uses ATF. Anyway, I'd go with Sammy on this. If you don't see any changes in the PS performance (as in you're not having problems, just the leak), I'd just fill it back up and see where they're going.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah not gonna flush it, im just gonna do drain from top then pour new oem fluids then i will clean what sammy said and see in a week

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413125296.072766.jpg

·
Registered
70 Posts
How i flushed my powersteering fluid

Its a two man job and need like two ft of 3/8 or 1/2 hose.

Pull fuse for the fuel pump

Pull hose clamp that runs in between the radiator and bumper on passenger side. One side of hose will shot out thats the side that gets the hose to drain pan. Dont remember the side and its going to be a messy job.

Bump start car and as car turns over pour. Pour fast cuz it will drain fast. I bought 5 bottles of nissan ps fluid flushed with 3.

Pull the drain hose. Put back together and top off.

Like everyone said try and look for leaks from the hoses and rack. Look around the inner tierods

1/2 pvc flex hose. I use the same hose to fill tranny too. Filling redline mt85 with ease

20141014_104550.jpg 1413308954786.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts