A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 221 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As far I know there are many of you have been waiting our lip kits forever, and I am pretty sure there are some of you have heard what's going on between me and my current manufacturer relationship. To cut story short, I got screwed by their ridiculousness pricing jacked up with fiberglass material and stupid reasons which complete not making sense to me at all. I am very reluctant to sell this crap with 250 + shipping..

Now, I am seriously to move the production to oversea. I have pretty much nail down the price/material for 04-06 guys lip kits. Price is very awesome, we will be looking for Polypropylene (PP) material and 250 shipped( to the 48 states) per lip (either front or rear) If purchase both, there will be a good amount discount.

Realistically, there is an issue here which is time frame. How many of you can actually wait another 2-3 months. I will be sending OEM bumpers and Geniune lips via DHL to save us some time. I am doing my best, in a moment I will need you guys feedback. No jokers here please.

here is some PP V.S. PU

PU (Poly Urethane)

· 1. Toughness is good; weight is light; thickness is thin;

· 2. Too soft; Easy to be out of shape;

· 3. Expensive Mold Cost ;

· 4. Craft: High temperature injection

PP (Polypropylene)

· 1.Toughness is excellent; weight is light; thickness is thin;

· 2.Resistant to Corrosion and Abrasion and not easy be out of shape;

· 3. Reasonable Price; Cost performance is High;

· 4. PP material get close to the original refitting material

· 5. Craft: PP body kit request strict environmental and Superb technology.

· 6.Even though in extremely temperature (-40°--+80°) it still work;

Here are some pics that we got installed from the current manufacturer lip. These are fiberglass, and the rear have some gap. Front is excellent.

TDMi lips v.s Geniune lips

004.jpg 005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg 010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 014.jpg 015.jpg 016.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg 021.jpg 022.jpg 023.jpg 024.jpg 025.jpg 026.jpg 027.jpg 028.jpg

·
39,045 Posts
I think that people would wait and pay a little extra to have a good product that fits and looks right.

That is one of the reasons why people pay and wait on Sharkey's products.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I think that people would wait and pay a little extra to have a good product that fits and looks right.
I could wait a little longer....you're still selling them right? Because I want both front & rear.... Im just waiting for my money situation to clear up lol!

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Im still interested if i have the funds. The longer you take the better for me to catch up with bills lol

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I'm still interested regardless which route you go. I've been wanting a lip for sometime now so I dont mind waiting.

·
39,045 Posts
That is a good price point.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Will the rears come with the rubber surround like the Genuine lip does? Just curious. Front looks great. I don't think people will mind waiting for quality and price.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Manufacturing problems can be a real hassle. I think you're earning a lot of respect from we forum members by doing everything you can to get us a high quality product at the best price possible instead of just taking the easy way out.

I am very interested in both lips, and since it will be a minute before I spend funds on cosmetics, waiting will not be an issue for me.

Great job looking out for us Spec owners!

1 - 20 of 221 Posts