A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
very nice piece
http://www.zspeedperformance.com/ZSpeed-Performance-Tilton-Racing-Clutch-Master-Cylinder-ZSP3004-DE.htm

Redline Lightweight Shockproof,
i have had very good experience with this product too

i'm still on oem axles as well, got to be careful, have broken a few sets
That Tilton cmc is what I'm most excited for with the whole deal it looks to be a top-notch piece that'll definitely handle my abusive driving, lol.

And thanks to the other gentleman who tried the Wilwood version of the kit for confirming its fitment on our cars that definitely gave me hope for trying a Tilton part on my car.

I shall link to him once I find his thread again. . .

Since having done that too, @CJKlutch777 also helped me figure out that one of Tilton's hydrualic release bearings can also be fitted onto our cars

And as for the axles, it may still be a while till I can send mine out to TDS to be worked on but, race axles will still be nice once I do get them started.

Oooh.

Driveline refresh is gonna be nice

- nexy

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
thanks for that info btw
love that master cylinder, next season perhaps

wondering about your stage 2 clutch

i'm running from the same manufacturer i believe
a stage 4 pressure plate and stage 3 street disk
on the 2j steel flywheel

i'm on the clutch a year program, so i believe you are starting the clutch a month club
just kidding
however, doesn't that seem a bit light for your use

and i'm still on the stock hydraulic system
[new slave with every clutch, new master every few years]

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Since having done that too, @CJKlutch777 also helped me figure out that one of Tilton's hydrualic release bearings can also be fitted onto our cars

very cool
whats the deal here?

i understand the advantage, no slave cylinder

but the install?

"Tilton offers a wide range of hydraulic release bearings (HRBs, also known as hydraulic throwout bearings) for use with push-type clutches. Tilton’s HRBs are designed to eliminate the need for mechanical linkages, pivot balls, spacers and external slave cylinders. Hydraulic release bearings are available for use with smaller diameter racing clutches (4.5″, 5.5″ and 7.25″) and most OE-type clutches.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
thanks for that info btw
love that master cylinder, next season perhaps

wondering about your stage 2 clutch

i'm running from the same manufacturer i believe
a stage 4 pressure plate and stage 3 street disk
on the 2j steel flywheel

i'm on the clutch a year program, so i believe you are starting the clutch a month club
just kidding
however, doesn't that seem a bit light for your use

and i'm still on the stock hydraulic system
[new slave with every clutch, new master every few years]

very cool
whats the deal here?

i understand the advantage, no slave cylinder

but the install?

"Tilton offers a wide range of hydraulic release bearings (HRBs, also known as hydraulic throwout bearings) for use with push-type clutches. Tilton’s HRBs are designed to eliminate the need for mechanical linkages, pivot balls, spacers and external slave cylinders. Hydraulic release bearings are available for use with smaller diameter racing clutches (4.5″, 5.5″ and 7.25″) and most OE-type clutches.
I wish I was putting down enough power to run a setup with clamping force higher than what a stage 2 would offer, lol. But I feel the CC plate and the ACT disc would do fine for my power output and driving on my refresh.

As for the HRB, the kit to use would be the 6000-Series bearing, with the threaded sleeve that goes over the input shaft a holder bracket can be made to keep the bearing from spinning in the trans when installed and used.

Connect and bleed the lines for the clutch system, and voilà - HRB for the Spec V

- nexy

41 - 44 of 44 Posts