A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am a lifelong car nut who recently purchased a 2006 SE-R Spec V. The little car is in great shape, only 116k miles and I got it from the original owner. I grew up with big block Mopars and my oldest Son has a 1000whp Corvette. That being said, I really love this little car. The weight to hp ratio is excellent. Previous owner installed a cai, and as far as I can tell, that's the only mod. Looking forward to learning more about these cars and I'm looking for ideas on how to increase performance. Not looking for a giant killer, but I want to get all that's there. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Welcome. If the stock header is still on the car make sure to get an aftermarket asap. Also make sure to check the butterfly screws

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome. If the stock header is still on the car make sure to get an aftermarket asap. Also make sure to check the butterfly screws
welcome . im from Alabama and got my b15 recently . my car came with an extra 4-1
header if you would want it
Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me what the symptoms would be if the butterfly screws were loose? Other than being a little slow returning to idle, it doesnt seem to have any bad habits. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome . im from Alabama and got my b15 recently . my car came with an extra 4-1 header if you would want it
That would be great. Thank you Sir. I'm in Mo ike. Just let me know what you need me to do. I've spent the last 2 weeks buffing and waxing it. Finally got it looking decent, now I'm ready to turn some wrenches. Just let me know what you need from me and thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
welcome . im from Alabama and got my b15 recently . my car came with an extra 4-1 header if you would want it
That would be great. Thank you Sir. I'm in Mobile.Just let me know what you need me to do. I've spent the last 2 weeks buffing and waxing it. Finally got it looking decent, now I'm ready to turn some wrenches. Just let me know what you need from me and thanks again.

·
Registered
8,960 Posts
Thanks for the advice. Can you tell me what the symptoms would be if the butterfly screws were loose? Other than being a little slow returning to idle, it doesnt seem to have any bad habits. Thanks again.
You wont know if there loose until either A you check them. Or B you dont check and the screws fall into the motor and the plate falls as well. So just do yourself a favor and pull the top of the intake manifold off and check

1 - 7 of 7 Posts