A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this may sound crazy, but I drove from OH to MD to help Jon installed the coilvers for him becuase I needed to make sure everythings went right :laughing: 6-7 hours drive wasn't that bad at all.

what Jon had on his previous coilovers was Ksports so in some odd reason he became to one of my demo:D

Current Set up with TDM imports

Front 8k
Rear 8k
16 ways adjustable damping
No need too fancy on coilovers, quaility/easy access/comfort are MUST:D

Before

New parts all over and ready to put them on !!!!

Sorry guys, I forgot to take pics while Jon and I were working on his car. But:rolleyes:
Suprised Jon got some good quaility pics:biggrin:

Credit to 2j:biggrin: there Anit Lift Kit(ALK)

TDMi v.s Ksport
Can you tell the difference? Ksport strut is tiny and thin and look at TDMi is actually bigger and thicker than Ksport.

Heavy duty dust cover wrapped on TDMi's coilover. I know ksport is used, but i have looked into brand new one before....it is stil loosen as pics shown.

Brake line bracket provides which same as stock one so no more extra metal bracket.

The top mount may not be fancy looking as ksport, but the adjustable knob built on TDMi's coilover is firmer and you truly can feel/hear the clicking sound. Looking at this pic, the shock itself is bigger than Ksport. One more thing to add, there is no need for camber adjustment feature. It is pointless, and it won't be effective on your daily/lowering car.

Another issue that Ksport has, it needs a lock ring to ensure shock itself won't fallen apart. Look at TDMi, there is no need to worry about this kind issue.

Now this is the most hateful, unpleasure moment in my life lol These two rear struts took me and Jon and his friends 2 days to get them out. One side got siezed, and there was no way out even us using impact to get one of bolt out. So we ended using a saw and many many tool..eventually got it out with air-hammer. TDMi was easy to put on, no hassle at all.

Notes: Jon has 235 tires on his set up, but he showed me that he hasn an issue with his front bumpers got some stick out bolts caused him couldn't lower more. He was scared the stick out bolt might messed up his tires so....

I got a solution for him Kuo's Garage washers/nut-insert/tool

Issue Fixed

One more thing: QT Adjustable Link:D

Finally DONE!!

My 1.8 V.S Jon 2.5 both lowered on TDMi

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You offering the QT Links? I'd love one.
sorry i clicked the wrong bottom..accidently edited yoru post, but i got it fixed..
yes, but i guess majority of you don't see my promotion. go check my post and you will see

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
QT linked helped alot and i love the way the car feels....
ill post more info and pics soon

also steven check ur fb msgs i sent you all the other pics during the swap

·
Registered
9,117 Posts
u still dont have coils bro? common

·
Registered
832 Posts
nice. and dam 7 hour drive to help install? now thats some dedication. tryin to save up for these and hopefully buy them soon :D

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nice. and dam 7 hour drive to help install? now thats some dedication. tryin to save up for these and hopefully buy them soon :D
yep, i think i might try to provide the same service( it depends on my schedule) if I do the Gb...i need to make sure everybody is riding good.....

·
Registered
832 Posts
id be down for that. i mean when i get the money for them like i told u b4. but if u drove up to help me install id have to at least buy u a 6 pack and give u food. lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts