A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Alt is bad, pull it and have the parts store test it, out put should be below threshold, take the battery too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
The battery never dropped below 11 or 10 volts when I started it but I tried again and the alternator can't keep up if I turn everything on with ac... Other then that it charges fine without ac and I put the pump in this morning and noticed a bit of improvement in acceleration... Went to the store and came out no hard start either

·
Registered
572 Posts
Battery should be at 12.6-12.8V when standing and anything in the range you stated means the battery only has about 20% capacity. When charging from the alternator should be in the 14-15V range

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Sorry it never dropped below that from 12.7ish when I started it then it went back up to about 14.11 at idle with no load... I used my plug in cig lighter battery/alternator tester also before I parked and it says the same thing my multimeter did (battery charged and alternator is bad when under load with ac)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
So I've seen some videos and stuff on how to remove the alternator but nothing on putting it back on? No torque specs? Or am I thinking into it to much again? Thanks for everyone's help!

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
I've never torqued the hardware for the alternator....

·
Super Moderator
6,510 Posts
Shit....I forget the alt loaction and mounting is different between the qg and qr and the tension system...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Ugh I just got this thing and now I have to put on another rear bumper :confused: but not sure what I need...I tried searching it and so far have come up with that styrofoam thing and the bumper itself (my old one got tore off from someone running from the cops... Also cracked my front right headlight and rear right light but I'll figure that out last :cautious:)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts