20,873 Posts
Welcome!

Car looks cool.

Got more pics?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the basic fixes were done by the previous owner. My ex didn't take good care of the car so I took her in the divorce lol. She's been a fun project car so far. Body kit, straight piped, aluminum rad, doing ac delete and bsr soon. And going to retrofit a sylvia hb spoiler next.
I have fam in Medford/Central Point, love it down there.

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
Some of us are gonna suggest you keep the AC and balance shaft.

Depends how you use the car though.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
Yeah the basic fixes were done by the previous owner. My ex didn't take good care of the car so I took her in the divorce lol. She's been a fun project car so far. Body kit, straight piped, aluminum rad, doing ac delete and bsr soon. And going to retrofit a sylvia hb spoiler next.
I have fam in Medford/Central Point, love it down there.
I would also recommend keeping the balance shafts, if this is going to be a daily driven car, and you are staying at the stock rev limit. I hated it from the moment I started my car after I removed them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does your car shake alot now after the bsr? I heard if you have solid mm the bsr will make the car skake vut i dont have solid mm. I mostly daily it but will be looking into track days at PIR to see how she does not hard parking lol.

·
Super Moderator
21,695 Posts
I have a fully built and balanced engine now, and it still vibrates at certain speeds, I only run MMI's rather than solid mounts and its not too bad. on my stock engine, my mirrors were usless and everything shook. I have no idea how people can say 'its not that bad' when the car shakes so bad you dont have to stir your coffee in the morning

·
Super Moderator
20,873 Posts
its also one of those things that are not easily reversible if you decide you dont like it, you are basically stuck until you replace the timing chain and components.
And to add....
It's like 3-5 hp
And if you find me an instance of balance shaft failure in a QR25 that revved no higher than 7k I will send you an entire box of cookies lol

And before someone mentions rotating assembly weight...
Man.....just a flywheel alone is plenty. Revs stupid fast with that alone. IMO

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
Does your car shake alot now after the bsr? I heard if you have solid mm the bsr will make the car skake vut i dont have solid mm. I mostly daily it but will be looking into track days at PIR to see how she does not hard parking lol.
welcome

just my opinion,
real track cars don't make comfortable DD

use solid motor mounts, skip the bsr
[if na, save that to go with cams]

these are very trackable cars
a simple set of tein bascis, some good oil, pure water and water wetter in the radiator
and good tires

i have tracked the stocker
it does great

the turbo has been everywhere but it's a dedicated but still licenced track car

i find the car fun in all trackable situations

weather a race up bald mountain, at the dragons tail, paradise drag strip, or atlanta motor sports park
it's a blast to drive

competitive with the top runners
no
[except in auto-x and certain classes in solo one]

get out there
the car won't let you down

CP3_4517web-ZF-0780-80171-1-001_zps038273c9 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

1309495 by Barry Belgard, on Flickr

have fun
enjoy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts