A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,
My name is Kevin and I just picked up a 2002 se-r spec v with 110k on thr body and 88k on the motor for a 2004. It came with a stage 3 clutch [not sure of the brand] and has the stock exhaust on it right now but the dealer included a 2.5" catback in the trunk.

It's not the prettiest thing but it is my daily driver since my 99 accord finally gave up. I have a 2008 Chevy HHR SS as my weekend cruiser, 2004 Vette, and 2017 Malibu Premier that my old lady drives for her daily.

I have always wanted one when I was a teen so I found this one and got a good deal so I had to scoop her up. The clutch is a PITA for d.d. but w.e I'll just ride this one out until it goes.

I am still learning the quirks of this car so I hope you guys can help me out on the forums when ever it is needed. Sorry to make this short but it's time for bed lol just wanted to introduce myself!

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Welcome make sure to get rid of the stock header and also make sure you check the butterfly screws and Loctite them

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well she is back at the dealership I bought her at..she is either burning oil like a mofo or the idiot's didn't put oil back in. I heard chattering coming from the motor one day so I pulled the dipstick and was bone dry...this supposedly had a motor from a 04 so idk wtf is going on.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Be careful. I ended up blowing a timing chain and had to get a motor out of an 06 Altima or something like that. The previous owner didn't keep up with oil well, so even though I didn't miss an oil change or let it run low, it still gave out eventually. The stock motors burned a lot of oil because the catalytic converter would get too hot and the heat would work its way up through the manifold.

Been running mine catless since I purchased it. Hasn't given any problems to the new motor. But it's not the most environmentally friendly solution lol. I could spend $1K on a new setup with a better cat, but I'm content enough with a couple resonators and my 4-2-1 header.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have been looking into getting a header. The dealership left a 2.5" catback that was originally on the car so just waiting to head back from the shop. What header are you running?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had mine replaced with a 4-2-1 header and a full stainless cat located under the engine after the flexible coupling further away from the exhaust ports. The full stainless cat doesn't suffer the same particle breakup as the ceramic cat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alright sounds good. Well I live in New York so I don't wanna go careless so deff gonna look into the s.s one you are talking about!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts