A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're finally getting around to my customer Nick's built QR25DE engine.. He's been waiting patiently, and we've finally found him a suitable engine to build (been getting junk, lately).

Anyway, he'll be recieving a forged bottom end, with our 8.8:1 pistons, rods, new bearings, rings, seals, head work, and a few other goodies. Nick has one of our OLD turbo kits, from around 2004 or so, which is still running strong. We upgraded him to a SC61 turbo, and now he'll be getting a built engine to go along with it. We'll probably tune it with one of our reflashes, along with a SAFC for fine tuning.

Stay tuned for pics of the build, and info as we move along. :)

Travis

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
wow, nick with the red spec? jesus that thing has been running forever. i remember driving it to the shop the day he dropped it off.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow, nick with the red spec? jesus that thing has been running forever. i remember driving it to the shop the day he dropped it off.
Yeah, that was WAY back in the day.. like 2003 or 2004. I don't even remember!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
i think it was 04 or 05. it was the same trip when i brought down the superspec.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ha...just happened to notice this thread, didn't think about it being mine until I read superspec's post.

By the way Trav, I got a K3 ecu in from ebay a couple days ago and it fixed all my problems, it running goog again. :biggrin:

Thanks for all the help!;)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome man.. Glad it worked out for you. :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
hey trav i was wondering like your prices and what not for building a qr? i was going to buy all of the forged parts and start doing it myself, but it looks like you've been messing with the qr forever. so just some feedback would be awesome. if i can afford it i'd love to have you help me build my engine. (with the 07+ crankshaft of course :) )

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey trav i was wondering like your prices and what not for building a qr? i was going to buy all of the forged parts and start doing it myself, but it looks like you've been messing with the qr forever. so just some feedback would be awesome. if i can afford it i'd love to have you help me build my engine. (with the 07+ crankshaft of course :) )
Price can vary greatly, depending on exactly what you're looking to go with. However, here's a starting point..

http://www.b15u.com/forced-induction-racing-fi-r/8528-fi-r-450whp-crate-qrs-5.html

Travis

·
Registered
9,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
brian, i dont think you are in the same league, lets just leave it at that ;)

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Nick has been very patient.. throughout several complications. Sent you a PM!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts