A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently discovered this company Nisformance in NC that deals with Maximas and Altimas and some SPEC Vs, anyway they are offering shelf tunes for Naturally Aspirated bolted QR25s, 02-03 (Non Uprev supported ECU) for $250 or something, kind of like what TECHNOSQUARE used to do back in the day before the main ECU tech passed away. I'm seriously considering this option since it is less expensive compared to the UPREV conversion kit and all I really have are basic bolt ons, I've chatted with the guy on the phone and he seemed confident in their capabilities as long as you are running the stock MAF and stock injectors. Does anybody on here have any experience with these guys by chance? Give me some feed back on their tuning work if you do. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
They look to sell some quality parts. I talked to someone who races with their tune yesterday, Darren sounds like a stand up guy with a big interest in helping others. I say give it a shot and create a thread here sharing your experience.

I also understand he has the ability to tune through Haltech with the QR, which is kinda a big deal.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the reply. I am more than likely going to give it a shot, I really have nothing to lose. I'm just wondering if any of the 02-03 guys on here have already tried it since it is a much cheaper option than the UPREV conversion kit. Could this finally be a game changer for the 02-03 "non tunable" underdogs? Stay tuned! lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
This will be interesting. For us '02 '03 guys all we had is speed and rev limiter changes.
Do they do maps too?

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Haltech is quite expensive still out here mate. We just got authorized as a distributor here at my work. They do have some good products. When I talked to the guys there in Australia about the program for the QR a few of the guys said a new crank trigger wheel needed to be updated (in Haltech) for it to work with the QR motor.

However after talking to some people that work with Nisformance in circle track racing, they stated they are running Haltech, and Nisformance tunes them, sometimes even out at the track. Good to hear all the way around.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts