A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the install instruction sheet that came with the Nismo cams on it showed the break in procedure for the cams, I foolish gave the sheet to some dumb fucking mechanic who lost it, I remember the sheet said something like 2,000 rpm for like 3 or 5 mins or something followed by like 20 miles of regular driving keeping under 4,000 rpm, I just want to do the break in exactly as per the instructions before I fire the car up for the first time since the cam install

·
Super Moderator
4,993 Posts
Look at JWT's install procedures, there is the "x minutes for xxxx rpms" there as well.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys the Nissan search thing didn’t have anything but I looked at Jim Wolf’s install instructions and the break in looks like it was the same as what it said on the Nismo instructions so I’ll use that

Their instructions are actually pretty good....

Better then what I got from Nismo...

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Used Redline assembly lube but It’s been sitting for months now I hope it’ll still be ok

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Thanks for the reply guys the Nissan search thing didn’t have anything but I looked at Jim Wolf’s install instructions and the break in looks like it was the same as what it said on the Nismo instructions so I’ll use that

Their instructions are actually pretty good....

Better then what I got from Nismo...
Well... the blanks used to create the NISMO cams are from Jim Wolf so of course the instructions are the same =p

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Well... the blanks used to create the NISMO cams are from Jim Wolf so of course the instructions are the same =p
Good ol' Nismo contracted 3rd party manufacturers for all b15 parts as far as I know. Luckily, Nismo didn't go for the lowest bidder. All their parts are solid, besides maybe some Nismo wheels cracking.

My Nismo brake pads (non-brembo), had instructions verbatim to Hawk HPS pads.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had a conversation with the guys over at Axxtion and Nissan had them building their "Nismo" Short Throw Shifters til the nearest Nissan plant moved to a different region.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts