A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of Nissan Datascan? As far as I know, its just a datalogging software that you can download for free from Nissan. So I did, but I can't get it to connect to my ECU with my interface cable.

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks All.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks. Any idea where to find it or how much it might cost? And the biggest question...Is it worth it?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bump. The Blazt site is no longer working and I can't find any info on the price of the cable.
It looks like the Datascan software allows basic timing adjustment and idle adjustment, which is awesome for free software. It also says it supports the B15 with the QR25DE. Is there any catch to it? I mean, is it really free? Is it some free version with limited capabilities? I downloaded it and installed it, starts fine on my laptop, no errors or problems running it. But I got no cable to actually hook it up to the car and try it for real. Here is the site:
nissandatascan.com

I really want the goddamn cable!

Anyone got any info if this is for real? I wonder why this never got big in the B15 community, I myself just stumbled it across by accident.

P.S. First download and install the Microsoft .Net Framework Version 1.1 on thebottom of the Downloads page before installing the software itself.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
can't belive I missed this

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Just a word of caution - Consult was used on 2000 and earlier cars. The data exchange protocol is different for Consult II. Check to make sure your car is supported by the cables and software being offered. Post up your results if you have purchased and used any of these products successfully.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
Just a word of caution - Consult was used on 2000 and earlier cars. The data exchange protocol is different for Consult II. Check to make sure your car is supported by the cables and software being offered. Post up your results if you have purchased and used any of these products successfully.
They have listed 2002 QR Sentras so the early half of 2003 would be able to use it and thats it from what I under stand from my quick scan or the site and info.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
They have listed 2002 QR Sentras so the early half of 2003 would be able to use it and thats it from what I under stand from my quick scan or the site and info.
This is what's listed in your link:
"The design has been tested on a list of vehicles which is always growing. As a rule, if your car has the grey Consult connector (you'll usually find it below the steering wheel or near the fusebox in the driver's kick panel) and was built between 1990 - 2000 then it will work."​

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
fair enough, thought you where talking about the other site.

half of the 2003 have a gray connector, if you look at the datascan site it includes the 2002 qr, put it toghether and it works.

·
Registered
569 Posts
the datascan offers different sets of software. datascan 1 with i would believe to be similar to consult and datascan II which should be close to consult 2. its just a matter of googling and reading enough to figure out what cable is needed. i would love to have this to tweak timing and other things.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
from what ive read. we need the installed free software and one of those consult cables or a usb consult cables? anyone know which cable works? or how to make one into usb?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I wrote them an email. Here is what they answered:

"Hi Martin,
The NDS II software will only work with the Blazt II adaptor. The cost of the software is built into the cost of the adaptor. All software updates are free.

The Blazt.biz website is currently down but you could purchase the adaptor from one of the Blazt distributors.

www.z1performance.com
www.conceptzperformance.com

Regards,
Tom"

I guess now we need to figure out if all Sentras need ver.2, or the early models need ver.1.

·
Super Moderator
5,492 Posts
04 and up shouldn't be able to use it, 02-03 need ver 2 or what ver counsult it utilizes but its going to be detemined off of obd 1 or obd 2 if I read it right

1 - 20 of 41 Posts