A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is still at nissan and today they called me to let me know they would not be putting my UR pulley on the new motor they are putting in because it does not have a "rubber guard" on it like the stock one has. they are putting my full exhaust with dummy 2nd o2 sensor and three peice race headers, energy suspension mounts and CAI by K&N on though. Has anyone ever heard of this before. Is there a better aftermakrket pulley to buy than the UR? I thought they were the best?! I dont even remember if this was a significant upgrade....oh and the guy said he has never heard of putting '06 mmotors or transmissions in these cars. I am getting remanufactured engine and tranny from the year of '03 like my car is.

Most importantly how much of a hp upgrade was the pulley in the first place just in case i decide to leave it off....is it worth having on your car overall ? thanks....i get my car back tomorrow and i have to put the tein basics on, and the fsb, rsb and ltb.....and rear brakes...lol so im sure i can throw the pulley back on. i put it on the first time.....but should i get a new one with the rubber guard he is talking about, or is that BS?
I wanna hear both sides of the pulley argument cause i think there are advantages with the stock and with the aftermarket.....lighter cant be better if they designed it heavy, you know what im saying...

lets get a "general Discussion" going here. thanks dudes

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what dealership is yo car at?

so wait how did it go from a transmission issue to having to replace the whole motor??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all i said was that after a long car ride if i got stuck at a light the rpm would drop, and then the car would seem to run on 3 cylinders until i revved it past the crap in the way whether it be fuel or air related. they said since no chcek engine light was on they were going to replace the motor. the check engine light wasnt on cause my second o2 sensor has an antifouler friend...second gear syncros were totally shot....tahat was what i brought the car for. i just mentioned the running crappy at a light thing and they must have tested the coolant and found exhaust traces or something but i just said do it.

but as for the pulley....anybody know about this rubber peice thats supposed to be there to cut vibrations to the engine....why doesnt UR have this rubber thing? and why was this such a big deal to the technicians putting my motor back together that they refused to put it back on.....they said they would put my UR pulley in my trunk and i could do with it what i want. but they had no problems with the rest of my mods.....WTF my technicial seemed to stress how important this rubber peice was so that two peices of metal dont touch.....anybody know if this is true....and what a good pulley replacement is for our car 03 spec v....thanks

im trying to like my car again... that why im back to wasting all my money on it...lol that always helps you like something....hehe

and what are the odds that tomorrow i get my car back and have court for all those tickets i got a little while back....filing a motion to dismiss....wish me luck!!! 13 points and a misdemeanor on the line here

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FuLLah said:
what dealership is yo car at?

so wait how did it go from a transmission issue to having to replace the whole motor??
They are replacing both, separate issues. head gasket was blowing or something when i blew up second gear

·
Registered
616 Posts
under drive pulley with no rubber pieces causes all that vibration to go into the car i have heard from a lot of people its not good it deceases the life of the motor significantly

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive never heard of them replacing a damaged motor/tranny with a used one though whats what I find weird.

Im guessing your extended warranty is not thru Nissan itself but rather another company?

·
Registered
21,701 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so uhhhhhhh

does anyone know anything about the pulley???? haha

what is this rubber peice they are telling me my pulley is supposed to have?

thanks

PS.....all 13 of my points and my criminal misdemeanor reckless driving were dismissed today cause cops dont fill out depositions....always request that a cop fill out a deposition within 30 days of getting your tickets, then file a motion to dismiss and then hope for the best.....my crossed fingers worked perfect....and all charges were dismissed orally on the spot!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DPAKiNG said:
what is this rubber peice they are telling me my pulley is supposed to have?
sorry gorilla, didnt see your message when i posted that...do they have pulleys that are lighter and good for performance that still have that rubber peice....they said it was very important for the life of the motor due to vibrations just like you.....what pulley does everyone have?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FuLLah said:
Im guessing your extended warranty is not thru Nissan itself but rather another company?
It is a Nissan Gold Preferred warranty haha....the best one nissan has....for the record. 6yr 100k belts and hoses.

like jon said....2003 motor rebuilt with all new pistons, bearings and seals.....good as new....but not newer in design like the 2006 would have been. sucks for me....who wants to help me put my Tein Basics on and my FSB RSB AND LTB???? ill let you use my short lift...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
put it this way...
even if someone gave me the pulley for free, i wouldnt put it on my car, its not worth my time

maby 2 hp as for gains.
not worth the 150$.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
its good in the long run if u decide the add on a lighter flywheel so it helps lighten up the rotational mass or if u go turbo

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Today i Dropped with the Tein Basics, and put on the rear sway and the ltb.....however i didnt see much of a difference in the stock front sway bar and the nismo one and it looked like a biotch so i didnt bother with that one, plus i think i was supposed to get bushings for that...

car rides amazing...not even bouncy, just stiffer and smooth....handling is simply redonkulous now.

P.S.

selling my used Unorthodox Crank Pulley for 50 bucks obo...its silver....its a pulley...it was just on my working car....must i post a pic? it has a few nicks, but nothing that is hurting its performance...i thought it helped me on 5th and 6th gear pulls, and seemed more signifcant than 2 hp. but i dont feel like putting it in. make me an offer....i live ON DPA soo whenever your in the area. (631)6813877 - mike

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no bushings, use the stock ones or find them seperatly....i want 120 bucks for this and 50 for my pulley.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts