A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please tell me which wire is the signal wire on the tps sensor???? all these write ups and i havent seen it on one of them!!! need answer like right now:mad:

·
Registered
945 Posts
what years Is your car. Mine works off the tps and tach signal, not position. I have to have full tps signal and be in my set rpm range and cycled rpm is I'm using the gear lockout. I also have a lean safety switch that shuts the devil sauce off if it's getting lean.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Window switch is a good for safety, dont want to spray too early cause the nitrous may pool up and BOOM! (Ive seen this turn a yaris motor Inside out before) Dont wanna spray too long and hit the rev limiter cause you'll go lean and cook the combustion chamber.

I used a zex setup and zex window switch. It has a gear skip feature which allows hands free activation in the gear and rpm of your choosing along with a safety shutoff at any rpm before revlimiter

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
for future reference

from NOS

a way to figure it out

1. Locate the vehicle’s TPS sensor, and the associated wires that attach to it.

2. Connect the positive (+) lead of a digital voltmeter set to measure DC voltage to the TPS signal wire (there are 3 wires on
the TPS) leading to the TPS and the negative (-) lead of the voltmeter to a good chassis ground.

3. Turn the ignition key to the “on” position.

4. Using the positive lead of the voltmeter, probe the wires that connect to the TPS sensor. One wire will have a constant 5
volt signal to it (reference), the other wire will be a ground wire, and the remaining wire will be the signal wire.

5. When the “signal” wire is located, note the voltage that is output with the throttle closed. This value will typically be 1 volt or
less, depending on the application.

6. Slowly open the throttle and observe the voltmeter’s readout. The voltage should increase smoothly from the closed throttle
voltage to 4.0 to 5.0 volts at wide-open throttle.

7. Remove the voltmeter wires from the TPS connector.

8. Connect the provided connector onto the wire that has a 0 to 5 volt output.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts