A Nissan Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm new to tuning and I just got a 2004 Sentra 1.8 (manual).
I want some extra power but only for short spurs as I have enough speeding tickets the way it is and I drive about 1000km a week so fuel economy is also important.
Is nitrous the way to go?
I saw a "safe shot" system offered by ZEX.
I was thinking of combining that with a CAI and ignition upgrades.
Let me know what you guys think?
Am I an idiot?
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not?
I'm planning on actually running nitrous once in a blue moon.
Would that damage my engine too much?

·
Registered
26,956 Posts
yea everyone always starts out "ill use it once and a while" or "i only want 5psi" it gets addicting. ive had nitrous, and ive ran thru a full bottle in less than 30 minutes lol.

i mean its your car, nitrous is the cheapest power adder but could be one of the more dangerous ones as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the honest answer. I see what you mean I probably would run it more than I claim.
If I'm stuborn and I wish to go through with it is there a way to reduce risk of engine damage?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thanks for your help about nitrous.

In your opinion what mods should I do with about a $1000?

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
deff get the basic bolt ons first before u start to worry about nitrous.....i would start with a Intake, Header, Midpipe, Cat back Exchaust... after i would learn as much as i can before buying/installing a nitrous kit...then i would would buy a kit

·
Registered
336 Posts
Don't use the Zex box. If it fails so does your engine. Get a simple wet kit. I ran one until recent with a 75 wet shot and 100 shot a few years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts