A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a 75 shot (wet kit), test drive, i punched it and held it from 2nd - 4th gear. At the end of 4th gear the check engine light came on, 3 seconds later my car just shut off automaticlly, I pulled to the side of the road, I checked under the hood, everything seems fine and i waited for like 3 mins, then i tried to start the car it sounded it like it was tring to turn over but it didnt. Then I tried it again it came on fine and the check engine light went away.

Does anyone know why this happed? Is it a Gas and nitrous mixture? I think i need to run a bigger jet setting on the gas. What do you guys think? Is it running too lean or too rich? did it have too much fuel that it choked and and cut off or the opposite (not enough gas)?

·
Registered
616 Posts
well why dont u have the code scanned by a tech even tough the check engine went off the computer most likely should of saved it my opinion go get the computer scanned see what code it was and then go from there if it didnt store anything id have to assume not enough gas have u upgraded ur fuel injectors ?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The engine light went away the same day. It was spraying fine from 2nd to 4th then it choked, then the car shut off. Some people say it had too much fuel and thats why it choked and my ECU read that so thats y it shut off. But i think it could work both ways, it's either too much fuel or not enough fuel, but i think it had too much fuel becasue when I checked my psi on the gague of the bottle it said 750-800

G

·
lets hope for your sake you had too much fuel instead of not enough fuel.

go to autozone and run the code. even though the light went off, the ECU could still be throwing a code

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but the engine light came on for only 5 seconds. Is that still enough to appear on the code scanner, even tho it went away after those 5 seconds?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK, i got the code read and it said it had a Misfire in cylinder 4, it has to do with my plugs, maybe it was un burned gas that was in that cylinder. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
unburned gas is considered flood or choked, misfire is totally diff... no spark/ignition(electric)

i`d replace all ur spark plugs and see from there, whens the last time u got a tune up?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
4 days ago. i changed the spark plugs to 1step colder NGK. One of the guys said it's probably that the spark plug got wet with too much gas.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
did the car turnover right after? usually when too much gas gets in ur chamber you cant start it for a long time(happend to me in my maxima)

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
it didnt start at first, but 5 min. later i cranked it then it was fine, it drove normal after that.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
so should i go back to a 75 shot but make the jet setting for the fuel alil smaller to not over flow the cylinder with gas.

·
Registered
4,898 Posts
could be u had too much of the shot goin in, i wouldnt adjust the fuel settings cuz then at normal driving u might encounter problemss..
my opinion

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i meen to lower the jet settings from the fuel solinode for the nitrous kit. so i can have a better mixture of nitrous and gas instead of haveing too much gas and not enough nitrous to make the combustion chamber to explode more. I think i have to adjust the jets for my nitrous kit, so it wont over flow with gas

1 - 20 of 22 Posts