A Nissan Sentra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Or even try swapping main or ecu relays.

The neg cable at 5 ohms should be close to zero, but I dont think thats the problem

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Im so sorry I saw that main fuse link earlier in the post and yeah it looked melted but didnt say anything about it. Ive only seen that twice where a fuse blows but retouches.

Reactions: sleepisyummy

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Oh yeah youre right about them not having that. It looks like theres also alot of add ons too so may need to consider a bigger fuse or run seperately fused wires.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Im glad you figured that out and looks like youre on the right track for the electrical work needed. Just keep in mind, its not about volts, its about amp draw.

Reactions: Tritton and Specv1

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
120A reader should be enough. That might be a multimeter for a home. But yeah I think most or all auto ones limit to 10A

Reactions: Tritton

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Agreed. Looks like youre only measuring the single cable, which now you know pulls 21A. The rule of thumb is that the fuse should double normal amperage pull, so maybe a 40 or 50A fuse is whats needed for that particular cable depending on max demand. There might be some other electrical knowledge needed about this and may not be so simple, but youre on the right track

What is it, looks like speaker or an amp cable?

Kaiweets is a funny word to say

1 - 6 of 6 Posts